36 - Chapter Thirty-Six - Emerson Bennett's Point Of View.

Maddox laid awake beside me for a long time after we had sex. He clearly could sleep and I knew this because I also couldn't sleep. He didn't speak as his fingers trailed over my hip and stomach. He flipped so he was hovering over me, his lips pressed against mine before he spoke softly.

"When I was nineteen I got someone pregnant and I vowed to stay there beside her. She gave birth early to a daughter, someone I would have loved to keep around. I didn't love the women who carried my daughter, she was a one night stand, nothing more. My daughter lived for six hours before she took her last breathe. She wasn't meant for this world. I vowed then to never make the same mistake I did then. My vasectomy is a safety net for me, I've never regretted it, I've always used a condom since then as well."
"Except me."
"Except you."
"Im sorry for your loss Maddox, I didn't know."
"No one does. My father was the only one besides me and now you about the baby, and I appreciate that, but I've come to terms long ago with the loss."

I didn't know what to say to him after that. He had shared something so intimate and secret with me that solely we were the only ones who knew. Maddox kissed me softly his lips lingering on mine.

"If kids are something we both want in our future adopting exists."
"Exactly."

Slowly we snuggled together deeper into the bed enjoying each other's company until one of us fell asleep.

- - - - - - - - - -

Waking up before Maddox, I had a cramp in my lower back that was extreme. Changing my laying position really helped. Maddox woke up not too long later, He rubbed my back after hearing about my awful cramp. This man was a god, his fingers applied the right amount of pressure and warmth. We laid in the bed for a while before Maddox ordered room service. I all but forced him to get me homemade fluffy pancakes heavy on the syrup. I was craving sweets. Which was pretty normal since I really still craved sweets and salty things around the end of the month. That was the one thing that didn't change, no matter how much I would have loved it too.

Maddox all but forced me out of the bed to come to get my pancakes after the room service person left. Standing up and walking the living room well being naked had definitely been a bad idea, but even more so when the evidence of our night dripped down my leg making Maddox choke on his coffee.

Turning around I walked the bathroom and cleaned myself. It wasn't the first time Maddox had left me a parting gift, but that was the first time his parting gift rolled down my inner thigh. Getting dressed hips felt properly adjusted after last night. Heading back out Maddox sipped his coffee looking me over.

"Thanks for the parting gift."
"Only the best for you."
"Oh yes, you know it."

The urge to slap him dissipated with every bite I took of the sweet pancakes. Maddox set his coffee cup on the table beside me as he made another coffee. He watched me eat the pancakes, It was kind of weird so I offered him a bite and he very seductively took my pancakes off the fork licking the syrup off his lips afterwards and damn my filthy mouth and lack of a filter.

"And that's how people get pregnant."
"Emerson!"
"What you basically gave my fork of pancakes a blow job and you yell at me!"
"That's inappropriate,"
"I have never claimed to be appropriate, I have shown you this plenty of times."

He sipped his coffee well he walked around and double-checked for anything we might have forgotten to pack. When he was sure the was nothing left to pack he came back and watched me eat.

"You're not getting any, I got in trouble last time."
"That's your own fault."
"Remember that. I know where you sleep."
"Yes, that you do, right beside you."
"That's right."
"I know your sweet spots Emerson, don't play this game with me."
"What is your deal with playing dirty!"
"I'm good at it."
"I'm sure."
"You didn't make no move to complain last night, In fact, you were begging for me to be deeper and to fill you, Your words not mine."

I felt my face flush as I finished off the rest of my pancakes before telling him to fuck off. He only chuckled the smirk on his face spreading into a full smile. he looked so damn good when he smiled. Maddox set our dishes on the cart calling room service to come to get them. After they picked up the dishes Maddox triple checked the room before he was positive we hadn't left anything. He made sure the room was also decently tidy. He grabbed out bags put them by the door. He sat on the couch his eye closed and head leaned back. I walked over and straddled him. His eyes opened but he didn't lift his head up. I hugged him tucking my head against his neck occasionally taking a deep breath of his scent which I was absolutely addicted to at this point.

"Time to go," Maddox said checking his watch. I could practically hear the slight unwillingness to go home in his voice. I got off his lap and heard him sigh before he stood up and dusted his pants off.

He grabbed our bags and we left the room. Walling down the hall I found myself pretty happy to be heading home, no matter what state our home was in when we got there. Over the few days, we had been gone I never noticed how much I missed our home until we were finally heading back. After giving the key pass back and signing the bill we left. Maddox managed to fit our bags in the back with the rest. I watched the whole thing really impressed before I got in the car. He started the car as soon as I got my seat belt on. Looking at Maddox I smiled.

"Let's go home."