10 - Chapter Ten - Maddox Vincent's Point Of View

Getting back into the beach house it was clear that Emerson had burned far worse then I had. I felt stupid for not buying sunscreen for his skin. Would he have actually worn it though that was the question? 

"Hey, Maddox how do you feel about staying the night here?"
"Why?"
"There's a nasty storm coming in the next half hour."
"It might not last that long."
"I'm not getting in that car in a rainstorm."
"I promise I'm a decent driver Emerson."
"Uh-huh."

Emerson had a point, I wasn't about to drive that car in a thunderstorm. I don't even think I would try to drive one of the many SUV's we had in a thunderstorm. I went hunting the bottle of after-sun aloe cream, that was in the cupboard. Opening the bathroom door I flicked the light on and almost stepped on Emerson's discarded clothing, shoe and bag.

"Emerson, Pick up your shit. I almost died."
"You're dramatic."

Emerson was so burnt he looked bright red against the white towel wrapped around him. I opened the medicine cupboard and pulled the cream out. I lightly shoved him towards the master bedroom and gave him the cream.

"Coat yourself well."
"Let me coat you too."
"I'm---"

He smeared the cream on my shoulders before he moved down my back with it. He walked around the front of me and rubbed the cream over my abs, just my abs.

"I think they are coated."
"Huh! what?"
"My abs, they are coated."
"Oh!"

He moved to rub cream elsewhere and I found myself watching him and the way he moved. It was hard to tell he was not a cis male. He took a lot of time trying to pass as a cis male, that was pretty clear. A lot of his clothing was hoodies and Sweatpants.

"Maddox, You are starring at me."
"Was I"
"Mhmm."
" Let me help you get your back."
"But I haven't gotten your face."
"I'll be ok. Im less burnt then you."

Emerson dropped the towel to around his waist and I rubbed the cream all over his shoulders and back. He hissed the entire time. It was shooking how burnt he had gotten even with the tank top on.

"Turn around."

Emerson turned around and under the sunburn could see how flushed he was. Rubbing the cream on his face he crinkled his nose and groaned.

"Eh, that stinks."
"You wonder why I won't let you put it on my face."
"You large fucker."

I raised my eyebrow at him. It wasn't my fault he was short. That was his genetics. He was being dramatic. I didn't see him raise his hand up until he flicked my nipple.

"What was that for?"
"I felt like it."
"That is not a valid reason."
"Is to me."

I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty about his sunburn. It would be a miracle if that didn't blister. It was my fault. Emerson really was attractive, His hair was cut short but long, about four or five inches long and that was more than enough to ruffle with my hand. His hair a deep chestnut brown, clearly his natural colour, not that it mattered to me. The longer I spent around him the more I felt drawn to him. Even I knew that was dangerous so why hadn't I been able to kick the need. I was the don, The leader, The head, He was the kid of my underboss and the kid of my father's best friend. How far would I pull him into my world before it got to be too much and I broke him?

"Maddox? You're staring off into space."
"Sorry, I was thinking."
"About?"
"Just things."
"That's vague."
"That's the point."

His hand brushed my cheek and his fingers were tender. It was both annoying and addicting. Sex with him had been a potential mistake but not regret. I had said he owed me a favour but I would have never cashed that in unless he became a cop or something just as useful to our family. My thoughts were a mess, much like they always seemed to be when I came here. My mother. Lost to her own mind. A beautiful light was gone.

Thunderstruck randomly making Emerson jump on the bed beside me. I hadn't noticed he had even sat down. I could feel the warmth of his skin just from where he was sitting and it was intoxicating. I had sex with people before, but never someone like him. Someone so bright,  so untouched by my family and our business.

Grabbing his chin in my hand I forced my lips on his in a rough fury. He was breathless after the kiss. His face flushed, his eyes pleading me for more. If I did this again there would be no going back for him, was I selfish enough to pull him from his safety to my chaos. Yes. I was.

"If we do this again, there's no going back."
"Just shut up and kiss me, Maddox."

I kissed him again, you could say we sealed a deal with our lips, a personal signature.

- - - - - - - -

After sex Emerson laid on my chest his hand tucked under my ribs. I wouldn't give him a choice now, he belonged to me. If not by his choice then by mine, I was that selfish. I couldn't tell if this was a need to corrupt him like everything else or a need to understand him, his light. His everything. I was drawn to him.

In the forest, the gun on my hip should have been his fate but that wasn't the case, He knew who I was yet he still asked me for help. I could have put him down like a wounded animal, He wouldn't be the first to have been put down by me. But he was the first to excuse who I was and ask me for help.

Looking at his head on my chest I whispered to his sleeping mind.

"Im sorry for everything that will happen to you because of how selfish I am. Im bound to destroy you. Please forgive me when I do."