37 - Chapter Thirty-Seven - Emerson Bennett's Point Of View.

Weeks later...

The home was finally looking like home. It was nice to see how well things were shaping up. It took longer than the three months they originally said it would take, we were working on month four. It honestly was too long to house  Alexi and Creed. Zev and Jackson, with Rosie, were more than ok, but the constant fighting from Alexi and Creed was enough to make even Zev lose his well-trained mind. He had even threatened violence on them, not just once but a shit load of times. Maddox's twenty-ninth birthday was today and he made sure I couldn't get him anything, He claimed he had everything he wanted already. I didn't believe that for a moment, but I also wasn't sure what to get him.  My back was so fucked up today that I couldn't help but feel like last night's sex had done more than given me the best orgasm of my life.

Zev and I were cleaning the kitchen after those who we shall not name decided that coffee was a throwable and pourable weapon, They should have been the ones who were cleaning this but Maddox had put them on time out and made them work together to get their office back together. Zev sighed.

"They are ok at times but how Maddox hasn't killed them is kind of surprising to me."
"Honestly, I would have killed them if I was him."
"We have to give him credit for not wiping them off the face of the earth."
"Yes, we do."

Laughing Zev and I continued to clean until a sharp pain made its home right in my lower back. It was enough to almost bring tears to my eyes. Zev immediately noticed.

"Emerson are you ok?"
"I have the worst pain right in my lower back, the absolute worst pain."
"How long has this been going on?"
"I get back pain all the time, it is pretty normal."
"Have you had this pain before, Like before you and Maddox started sleeping together?"
"No, Im pretty sure it caused from the sex we had last night if im being honest."
"Have you let Maddox know about your pain?"
"No, It usually goes away."
"Emerson, you shouldn't be so quick to ignore pains."
"Im not ignoring it trust me."
"You still have a functioning womb have you-----"
"Maddox has had a vasectomy."
"Emerson, they don't always work."
"im not listening to what you say anymore, what you are about to say is nasty and not a possibility so, shush you."
"You don't have to listen if you don't want to, I was just giving you my medical opinion."
"You are a psychiatrist Zev, this is my lower back and it doesn't have any mental problems."
"Just your brain?"
"Yes, just my---- Hey you take that back."

I threw the sponge in my hand at him. He laughed his eyes going serious for a moment.

"If your pain gets worse go get looked at yes?"
"Ok, ok I will. Only if it gets bad."
"You are a pain."
"Only sometimes."
"That's hardly the truth."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yes."

Once we finished cleaning, Zev went to check on Rosie who was playing in her room. I went and ran myself a bath. The bubbles and the warm water felt great on my skin. Until the horrible pain hit again nearly made me puke. I prayed to whatever god would listen and stop the horrible agony I was in. Such was not the case, as it only seemed to get much worse. Maybe Zev was right about going to the hospital. Getting out of the tub was painful, It felt like being snapped in half. Carefully I made my way to the closet and pulled one of my largest sweaters off the hanger and over my body. Boxers were so not about to happen. Crying softly I went to look for Zev. He was at the table with Jackson who took one look at me and stood up.

"Emerson you don't look ok! You look rough."
"I hurt. I hurt so bad."

Zev got up and carefully walked me back to the bedroom. He helped slip boxers and pants on me before he grabbed my wallet. He didn't say anything to Jackson other than to call Maddox and tell him we were on the way to the hospital. The walk down the hall and down the stairs was the worst part. I just wanted to lay there and die, but sadly that wasn't the case. Zev snagged a set of keys out of the bucket and hit the panic button on the car.

"Come on Emerson just a little farther."
"Just let me die." I sobbed in pain, slowly walking behind me. The pain was coming and going in waves and it was making me incredibly nauseated.

Getting into the SUV the pain started again and balled my hands in pain and cried. I hated pain, it was my worst enemy and I felt like I was being ribbed apart. Zev didn't say anything as he drove other than telling me to take deep breaths and focus on the pain receding, But that was way easier said than done.

"Can you just kill me?" I cried.
"No, my profession doesn't allow me to let you die."
"Can we make a deal, you just let me die and I won't haunt you."
"Emerson, How about a big fat no, I won't let you die. How does that make you feel?"
"Painful."
"Sounds about right. What does active labour feel like to you?"
"How about you just shut your damn mouth. No baby is coming out of the nasty creature I---- Ouch, pain!"

Zev took one hand off the wheel and held my hand. I held onto the hand, it wasn't much comfort but I was happy he cared enough to show it. Even though I was currently trying to crush his hand. We got to the hospital and Zev pulled right up the doors and ran inside. He comes back mere minutes later and he had a nurse with a wheelchair right there.  I heard Zev plain as day tell the nurse about my being transgender and about my partner vasectomy, he also mentioned active labour again. I cried as they helped me into the wheelchair. Zev left me in the hands of the nurse as he wheeled me down the hall, right to a section that was marked as labour. There was no way this was about to be happening.  I tried to voice my distress with the current actions but that went out the window when I was wheeled into an empty room and helped up on the bed.  The nurse called for a doctor who quickly introduced himself but I hardly paid attention to that. He pulled out an ultrasound machine. The pain hit me again making me very annoyed with all the current shit going on.

"I am not fucking pregnant, my partner has had a vasectomy and I am on testosterone shots. Now I just want to know why I hurt and how to stop it!"
"Hey son, you're going to be ok, we will figure this out, now im going to pull up your shirt and we are going to have a quick look, the faster you let me do this the faster I will be able to help you."
"Fine." I snapped angrily.

He squirted the jelly on me and it felt cold and pretty nice, the sound of the heartbeat that came out of the ultrasound machine however was not a pretty sound. I started to panic. The doctor wiped off my midsection, he was very polite as he told the nurse to prepare a room and bring another nurse for active labour, and pain meds should they be needed.

"Now, You are in fact pregnant and im going to say pretty much full term, I can see you are in shock, is there someone I should call, did anyone come here with you?"
"Dr.Martin, Zev."
"I will have someone find him."

I heard them call Zev over the sound system and I just sat there scared and in pain. Maddox was going to hate me. He was going to be so livid with me.

I was fucked. So very fucked.