31 - Chapter Thirty-One - Maddox Vincent's Point Of View.

Quite literally I was hunting down intruders who dare intrude in my home. Sections of the house had been set on fire, But I knew Emerson was safe in the safe room with the rest of the families. Alexi assured me that Emerson would stay there. I knew he probably wouldn't, he never listened. More so now that Alexi had given the little shit my firearm and a quick lesson in how to use it. I just hoped by the time he got tired of not being able to help everything would be over and done with.

Creed had identified this new family as a mash-up of many dishonoured mafia members. It was led by a son of a mafia family that had been all but erased after he murdered his parents in an attempt to take over the family. I had met him once and we didn't see eye to about his choice of demanding respect instead of earning it. Creed had also discovered he was planning to try to take over my position and home because I had one of the best positions for shipping and smuggling. Like that was going to happen well I was still breathing.

The words I had told Emerson, I needed him to know that in case I didn't make it back. All my affairs were in order if I died, They had been for a while, now they had just been changed to include Emerson. If I died he would be well looked after. Cade would have the option of being the family's head if Emerson couldn't do it. Since I didn't have heirs, the best-suited underboss would fill the position. Jackson and Alexi made it clear that was something they never wanted. But that was only if Emerson couldn't step up to take that position. 

The sitting room had been totally reduced to charcoal and that made me really fucking pissed. This was my favourite place, the painting of my parents that was on the wall was completely torn to shreds, it had been sliced with a serenaded blade. No doubt whoever did it was still around and I had a really funny feeling I knew who was responsible for all the damage.

Arms wrapped around my neck and shoulders have I kicked ti fight my way out if the hold. Thank god I had more experience and knowledge of how to escape this hold. I felt the blade bite into mu forearm as I broke the hold.

"Now now that's not very nice Maddox."
"I've never claimed to be nice."
"Handover the title and your family and I might let you live."
" I'd rather die before I'd give up my family knowingly to your psychotic ass."
"Im not psychotic!"

He flung the knife around trying the intimidate me. He leaped at me the moment I drew my gun. The gun went sliding across the floor. Having been lost to the mess in the room we contained to fight, the knife gave him an edge on the entire fight. He launched at me this time giving me enough reaction time to elbow him right in the face. The sickening sound of his nose breaking felt good to me. He cupped his nose the knife having dropped to the floor and tried to contain the blood.

"How fucking dare you! You're supposed to just die!"
"You come into my home, and try to steal my title, my family and you destroy my family's household. You are the one who will die."
"No! That's not how this is going to-----"

An explosion went off knocking us both to the ground as my ears rang. Concrete chucks fell littering the entire room. It was going to need extensive and expensive restoration. The son of the once-great Heraldo family launched at me from the ground close by. He was holding a piece of glass in his fingers, blood ran down his hand has he chucked.

"I take what's mine! I deserve to be a King. I deserve to have what you have!"
"I worked for mine, I didn't kill my father and then lose my family."
"You shut the fuck up! They deserved what they got! They wouldn't give me my birthright!"
"Did you ever think that was because you didn't deserve it?"
"I'll kill you!"

He launched the piece of glass embedded in his hand. He swung his hand crazily around just hoping to make contact with it. I felt the glass slice my fingers I grabbed his hand and tried to snap that wrist. He snarled like an animal and gave me a boot right to the gut, Admittedly it was pretty hard to shake off. But it had too. Dropping the glass I saw him smile wickedly as he picked something up off the ground. 

He had the gun that I brought. Another explosion went off pretty close to us and the ceiling started to come down. The room was a mess of dust, instead of waiting for the dust to clear he just took as many shots into the dust as possible, I felt the one clip my shoulder blade. Grinding my teeth I waited for more shots. The gun was still loaded, Three bullets remained. The dust settled just long enough to see that the gun had jammed.

Throwing it away he came at me with just his bloody hands. He didn't get too far. The ceiling came crashing down right in front of him. Now you could see the room above this one. That's was going to be so much more now. God damn this ungrateful little murdering prick.

Launching at the prick I grabbed the first thing I could, that was a good-sized chunk of concrete. Plowing the both of us to the ground we rolled around through the glass shards and all kinds of not friendly feeling objects. He grabbed a concrete chuck and attempted to smash my head in with it. He missed when another chunk of concrete hit him. I heard the crunching of glass before I saw Emerson. He brought the end of the gun right into the back of Michael Heraldo's head. Emerson didn't stop their though. He continued to hit the back of his head with the butt of the gun until I was sure I saw blood coming out of his ears.

"Emerson enough!"
"I'll kill him!"

Shoving his body off me I got up all my cuts aching at the action. I could feel glass shards in my skin everywhere. Snatching the gun out of Emerson's hands he shook. It was surely the adrenaline from what he had just done. He was cover in ash and dirt and had cuts on his face and hands. He just turned to look at me his eyes brimming with tears as he clearly took in the mess of blood and wounds.

"I love you too."