(Prologue) Welcome to Despair: Part 1

The execution began with a spotlight shining over the freaky, Monochrome bear, who was sitting on the floor with a "Punishment Button". Across from him, a mysterious figure is tied to a chair with his eyes blindfolded and his hands tied behind his back. The bear watches as he struggles, until he suddenly pushes the "Punishment Button".

The man is then locked inside a rocket shaped like an iron maiden with the bears face and launched into a grotesque, cartoonish version of space (drilling through several floors of the building along the way).

After losing speed, the rocket comes crashing down (as the moon and planet watch), reducing the mans body to a skeleton due to the high temperature generated during the re-entry through the atmosphere. Once the rocket comes to a halt back in the classroom where it left, it reopens, revealing his skeleton and the sad expression fixed on his skull. The execution ends with the bear coming forth in a mute, spastic, evil laugh. 

"The massive high school building towers over all the other buildings in this bustling urban area. It's like the school stands at the center of the entire world. Hopes Peak Academy...It brings in top students from every field imaginable. A government-funded school of privilege. They say if you come here and graduate, you'll be set for life. With hundreds of years of tradition, it sends the cream of the crop into the work force every year. It was built to raise hope in the nation's future. Which makes Hope's Peak a fitting name. There are two things you need to attend this school. Firstly, you already have to be attending high school.  And the second, you have to be the best of the best at what you do. No ordinary student could enroll here. The only way in is if you're scouted by the school itself. And standing at the gates of the ultimate school, filled with the ultimate students...

Was myself...

Before we get further into the story, I think I should introduce myself first.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Chihiro Fujisaki. I know it may not look like it, but I'm not really your average high school student and...S-Sorry, I get a little embarrassed whenever I introduce myself like this...I'm kind of short, and timid, like a bunny, which has somehow endeared me to many people...But my short stature makes the abnormal academic building all the more large and intimidating to me. I feel like the whole building may crush me if I take another step forward. Of course I would be intimidated. This is a classroom of only the most elite...

Hopes Peak only invites students who can truly be considered elite in their field of study. There are threads online talking about those who attend; they're so popular. Honestly, it's a little embarrassing...But they're helpful too. I'm the type who's easily intimidated, and it's best to know more about my classmates beforehand, so I did some research, thinking some of my classmates would do the same. There's a wide variety of different ultimate students incoming, including a Pop Sensation, an All Star, a Fashionista, a Martial Artist and even a Gambler, and a Biker Gang Leader. Now there's a question you may be wondering. What kind of Ultimate am I? Why did Hope's Peak accept me of all people?

Well, you see, I got my letter a few weeks ago, asking me to come to Hope's Peak with the title of the Ultimate Programmer. It made sense. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging at all, I promise, but my cutting-edge programs I've made are what allowed me to be noticed by the academy. When I got my letter, I remember the look on my fathers face. He said that I should definitely go, since it would guarantee my life success. I learned a lot from my father. I think going to this academy and learning more will be my way of showing my gratitude to him for teaching me so much. Still though...My legs are turning to jelly, and I'm unable to move...I can't stand here forever though, so I figured I'd move to the entrance hall where we'd agreed to meet at 8am. 

As soon as I stepped into the hall, I looked at the clock on the wall. It was 7:00. Another hour until the meeting happens. I hope no one gets mad at me for being so early...or for looking around in the meantime. With confidence, I took my first small step into Hope's Peak Academy...

and then...

I blacked out...