The Influencer

The busy city in Beijing. The people occupied with their own business. The noises and the dust were familiar accompany the city. Some people murmuring the chats, and some shouting the curses, no one bothers it. Police chased after the thief that shoplifting in a small store for food, the nerd that got beaten by the bully in the small alleys and left unnoticed by others, and though some people saw it, they were too busy with their own matters.

In a small salon, some hairdressers were doing their service to serve their customers at their best service. The sound of the hair being cut and the hairdryer blowing dry the hair mixed up with the chattering between the hairdressers and their customers. The chemical smell fills the small room of the salon which holding around  6 customer's chairs with a mirror in front of every chair.

"Zhan Zhan! Wash this little missy's hair!" one of the hairdressers shouts to the boy who standing in front of the hair color rack and arranging the stuff in there.

The boy flashed his brilliant and beautiful smile, showing off his white cute bunny teeth. He ushered the girl to the washing tub. He began to pour the water on the girl's hair, washing up the chemical cream pasted on her hair. He pumped a small amount of shampoo and spread it on the girl's hair.

"Zhan Ge, are you still study at the college?' the girl asked him. She looked close to the boy.

"Ahh... I can't afford to pay the fee. So I quit...!" the boy answered.

"Too bad. You must be a smart student in the school...!" the girl said.

"Not really..." the boy chuckled.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" the girl asked him again.

"Nope. Why?"

"Can you be my boyfriend?"

The boy giggles.

"How old are you? You haven't even finished your secondary...!" the boy squeezed the girl's long hair.

"I'm growing fast!" cried the girl.

"Yeah...! And by then, I'll grow old...!" the boy replied. He wrapped the girl's hair with a towel.

Then he brought her to the chair in front of the mirror again. He dried the girl's hair with the towel, then wrapped the girl's shoulder with the towel, and began to blow dry her hair.

"Why don't you get yourself a girlfriend already, Zhan Ge?" the girl was being talkative.

"No girl wants me," the boy chuckled again.

The girl hit his hand.

"I don't believe you!" she cried.

"Who wants to be with a poor boy like me?" the boy pouted.

"I do! But you just rejected me!" the girl puckered her lips.

The boy smiled.

"You still single because you always reject every girl who proposes to you to become their boyfriend, I think...!" the girl sneered.

"How dare I reject them? I only say that I'm not ready to be in a relationship or dating the girls," said the boy.

"That is the same. Hmph!" the girl huffed. She turned her attention to his mobile phone.

The boy smiled. He focusing on drying the girl's hair. Sometimes he glanced at the device the girl was scrolling through.

"Who's that?" he asked the girl who scrolling through the boy's image.

"He's an influencer,'" the girl replied.

"What kind of influencer?" the boy asked again.

"He is a rich kid. He likes to share his daily activities on his IG's account. Do you see? He has the blue thick already. Now he already got 7 million followers in his IG's account alone. And yet on his twitter, Weibo, and Facebook account. He's as popular as the movie actor already...!" the girl ranted enthusiastically.