A Whole New Life

Today is August 5th 2020. Happy 23rd birthday to our Lion, Wang Yibo...!!!

You live in a society. You can't expect every people will like you, and you can't assume all of them will hate you, either. You did the good or bad deeds, you will never escape from the talks and the glares. Because that is what social for.

Yibo stirred in his sleep. He felt his arm was empty. And he felt his another hand was numb. And he found no Zhan beside him. He touched the bed. It was cold. That means Zhan has left the bed for quite some time.

"Baby?" he called Zhan with his hoarse voice.

There was no answer. He glanced at the bathroom door. The door was slightly ajar, but the light was off. He turned his head to the side of windows. He found Zhan was there, sitting on the windowsill, eyes averted at outside. It was still dark. Yibo glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand. 4.15. It was still very early. And it was Saturday.

Yibo walked up to Zhan who didn't pay attention on him. He was spacing out, looking outside, at the dark, where the mahogany tree stood a few meters from the window, next to the swimming pool. Yibo hugged Zhan's neck from behind. And this action startled Zhan who didn't realize that Yibo had awake.

Zhan glanced at the hands wrapped around his neck. He touched it and looked up at the owner. He saw Yibo was staring at him. Yibo gave him a peck on the lips.

"It's still very early, Babe..." Yibo swished.

"I can't sleep...." replied Zhan.

Yibo buried his nose on the top of Zhan's head. The scent of Camomile shampoo snuck through his nostrils. Then he kissed it.

"Everything will be alright. Just give your father the time as much as he needs...." said Yibo.

"Until when? A year? Five? Forever?" Zhan sighed.

"Soon, Baby.... Soon.He loves you. I knew that....!"

There was silence. They looked at the window.

"How about your family?" asked Zhan.

"They knew it already...." replied Yibo.

"Yeah.... Of course. You had made an announcement already..." Zhan rolled his eyes.

Yibo looked at Zhan. Than he chuckled. He pressed his cheek on Zhan's head.

"No. Far beforr that, they already scented it..." said Yibo. "Do you love me, Baby?" asked Yibo.

"Would I surrender myself to you willingly if I don't?" Zhan asked him back.

Yibo kissed the top of Zhan's head again.

"I love you so much, Baby. I hope you won't regret to take this path with me...." whispered Yibo.

"I don't," said Zhan.

"Even when your father dislikes you?" asked Yibo.

"He's not dislike me. But he just can't accept it. It againsts the tradition to him..." Zhan muttered.

"I know. But what can I do? You're too beautiful to resist. And my heart has hooked up to you..."

Zhan took Yibo's hand. Then he kissed it. Yibo looked at Zhan. Zhan looked up at Yibo. Then they're smiled.

"Thank you for stay...." Said Yibo.

"There is the time when I have to grown up and not to be clung to my parents anymore. Like Baba said, one day I should leave him and start my new life with the new people that I will call my family...." Zhan recalled what his father has told him in the past.