The Habit

The truck entered the huge yard. Yibo could see a small house. It looked dark. He also heard the sound of horses neighed and gushed through their noses.

He owns a small ranch...

Yibo looked at the surrounding. He saw the yard filled with plants, such as herbs and small vegetables.

"Let's go inside. It's breezy out here....!" Said the man. He opened the truck's door.

Yibo unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the truck. Now he was able to see clearly. There was a fence a few meters away from the vegetable garden, and after the slopping ground was the horses' stables, where he still be able to hear the neighing of the horses. He wanted to know what was in the fence. But it was too dark. So he decided to follow the man, instead.

The man stood on the porch. A German Shepherd rubbing its head on his legs. He only pats the dog's head for a while then unlocked the door, got in, and left the Shepherd in front of the door. He switched the lights on. He walked to a door and opened it. He turned the lights on.

"Here! You can sleep here for tonight. I always clean the room. So, you don't need to worry it's buggy. You can wash up now!" Said the man.

"Thanks," mumbled Yibo.

He looked inside the room. A simple room,.with a single size bed and mattress wrapped in a blue sheet, one pillow. There was a small closet in the corner next to the bed, a table that must be a study table, a swivel chair.

"Laozi!" Yibo called the man who was climbing up the stairs.

"What's up?" Asked the man.

"How can I  address you?" Asked Yibo.

"Awh! You can call me Da Laozi....!" Replied the man. He smiled.

Yibo nodded. He touched his stomach that growling in pain.

"I don't know if Bunny still has the leftover food or no. You can find it in the fridge. If not, inside the oven....,!" Said the man.

Yibo smiled sheepishly. Then he nodded. The man continued climbing the stairs and disappeared behind a room door.

"Bunny?" Yibo mumbled.

But he slapped the question away. He was very tired and hungry. He needed to eat and clean himself. So  he got into the room, opened the closet and find a stack of white towels inside. He looked around when he couldn't find the bathroom in the room. So he went out of the room, opened every door at downstairs, until he found the bathroom near the kitchen.

He undressed himself. And before he went behind the shower curtain, he looked at himself on the small mirror hung on the wall. He noticed now that his face was blotched from the cry. He smiled sarcastically at himself.

"Almighty Wang Yibo, a handsome CEO of Absolute Corporation, cries over a teenage boy named Xiao Zhan, the most stupid barber in Beijing...." He muttered. Then he chuckled.

He stepped into the shower floor and turned on the faucet.

"F-f-f-fuck! Why is it so cold?" Cried Yibo when the droplets hit his skin.

When he switched the bathroom's lights, he didn't see the heater switch, too. That means this bathroom has no water heater.

Yibo made a quick shower, only enough to wash the sweat away by rubbing a few drops of shower gel all over his body, from head to toe. Then he quickly washed the foam away and wrapped up his body with the towel.

He grabbed his clothing and got out of the bathroom and ran to his room. He put his boxers on, threw the rest if his clothing on the swivel chair, then he jumped into the bed and wrapped himself under the blanket.