Unscented Scent

In the hospital, the paramedics seemed busy with their activities that morning. There was a young nurse who was walking, bringing a tray of food in her hands. Inside her uniform pocket, a thin stack of paper tucked in.

"Ellen! Is that for the patient in room 223?" asked a nurse who bumped into her on the way.

"Yeah!" the nurse replied.

"Did she conscious already?" asked the nurse again.

"Yes! Last night she just conscious. But the family hasn't come over to visit her again...!" said the nurse.

"Poor woman...! Her family seemed don't really care about her anymore after her coma a month ago...." the other nurse mumbled.

"Ssshh..! don't start a gossip! It's not like they don't care about her. Their relationship looks a little bit tight. I saw that young man very stern with his father....!"

"Heyy... Who starts the gossip here...?" the other nurse smiled teasingly at the nurse.

"Aish! Enough! I need to go there already!" said the nurse.

Her friend nodded. The nurse walked again to the specific room.

"Nurse Ellen! Dr. Chu asking you to meet him now...!" another nurse came up on her way after a few steps.

"Huh? Dr. Cu asked me to go to see him? I just talked to him about ten minutes ago...!" the nurse looked confused.

"I don't know! He asked me to tell this to you. Come! where do you want to send this over? I'll take it over...!" said the other nurse.

"Uhh... Ok. It's for Mdm. Hwa Lin, patient room number 223. ANd here! Help me to write down her progress...!" asked the nurse, handed over the tray and the report.

"Sure!" replied the other nurse.

"I'll be back soon!" said the nurse. She walked away, turned her direction back from where she came from.

The other nurse smirked. She glanced at the food on the tray, then she looked around. She walked to the rubbish bin nearby and threw the whole tray into it, ANd she dumped the report too. She clapped her hands, dusting off.

"Too bad... You can't enjoy your first meal after came back from hell, Hwa Lin...." she mumbled.

Then she walked off. 

At the door number 223, she stopped. She looked at the door and the number. She had the latex glove wrapped her hands, then she pushed the door open. In the center of the room, on the white bed, there was a woman laid helplessly with the IV cables tangled around her body, face and head, The ECG sounded steadily, monitoring the woman's heart rate which seemed weak.

The woman in the nurse's uniform closed the door behind her, and walked further into the room confidently. She stood up next to bed, beside the woman who was lying helplessly. Another smirked arose on her face. She caressed the woman's forehead with her thumb.

"You should listen to me, Hwa Lin... Don't run from me. Listen to me to get rid of that silly boy...! But you keep ranting that he is your son. He's not your son. You only have a baby girl before you decided to work as a lady escort. YOu left that baby girl at the orphanage, went to remove your womb and never try to to look for her even a bit. Now you are ranting around that stupid is yo r son! You're so cruel, Hwa Lin! You don't want to help me, instead you help that stupid boy to destroy every bit of  me...!" the nurse hissed.

Then she moved her hand to the oxygen tube on the woman's mouth.

"Wake up, Hwa Lin... It's time for you to eat your first meal....!" she said. She pulled the tube up and watched the reaction made by the patient.