Almost There

Zhan made his way home alone. He took a taxi to go home. Yibo was attending the family business meeting with the bigger company in China. Zhan was needless to be around. So he went home without Yibo.

The way to go to their house was passing the byroad which lesser vehicles. They chose the apartment located in an odd location, where there was a forest behind the building. The apartment building itself only built-in 4 stories building. And about half a mile there was a river with the flows always in a fierce wave.

It was rainy days in Beijing, The road was wet and slippery. Zhan sat in the taxi looking out of the window, counting the droplets that trickle down on the window, formed by the drizzle.

"Oh! My Goodness!!" the driver shouted when he suddenly hit the brake, creating the screeching sound, deafening the ears, from the wheels.

"What's going on?" Zhan asked the driver.

"A woman suddenly runs to the middle of the road...!" answered the driver.

Zhan stretched out his neck to see what's up there . He saw a woman in the middle of the road, as the driver told him. The woman just stood there and didn't move.

"Wait a minute... I know her...!" Zhan said.

"You do?" the driver turned behind and looked at Zhan.

"That's YIbo's stepmother. What does she doing here? I thought she's in the home therapy..." Zhan muttered. "Can you wait here?/ I think she needs help...!" said Zhan to the driver.

The driver nodded. He watched Zhan who climbed off of the cab.

Zhan walked up toward the woman. He was right. She was Hwa Lin. She stood in the middle of the road, drenched in the rain water.

"Aunty... What are you doing here? Why are you here?" asked Zhan when he came closer to Hwa Lin.

Hwa Lin looked at Zhan. A smile formed on  her lips.

"Zhan Zhan! ZHan Zhan!" cried Hwa Lin. She stretched out his hands, welcoming Zhan to come to her.

Zhan ran to her. But when he almost reached the woman, another car came from another direction in a high speed. Zhan froze. He didn't move out of shock with the upcoming danger. 

"Zhan! Watch out!!" Hwa Lin screamed.

But the car was already very close, and in five seconds it would hit Zhan. But unexpectedly, there was the screeching sound came from the wheels. And before the car could hit Zhan, another car has blocked it and made the attacker car hit it. The attacker car threw itself to another direction after hitting the coming car.

A fearful and painful scream flew in the air, when the car finally hit Hwa Lin who also froze on her previous spot as the car took another direction and escaped.

"Maaaa....!!!" Zhan screamed when he saw Hwa Lin's body thrown away and finally fell on the ground at the roadside. He ran to the woman who smeared in her own pool  of blood.

Hwa Lin breath has reached her throat. Her mouth releasing the fresh blood.

"Z-Z-Zha... Zhan..." Hwa Lin raised her hand weakly. The hand that already smeared by blood.

"Ma... Hang on! I will bring you to the hospital...!" Zhan said.

"I...Kh... Um... So-r-ry... Akh... Did-den mean t-to..."

"Don't talk! I'll bring you now....!" Zhan turned to the car that hit by the earlier car. "Uncle!" he shouted to the taxi driver.

The taxi driver who just saved Zhan came out of the car. He was got injured, too. His head which hit the steering wheel because the airbag was jam, releasing the blood. Staggered, he walked up toward Zhan.