Where Are You?

The road was empty. The journey was smooth. It wasn't the street in a big city where there are buildings and skyscrapers at the side of the road with busy small business at the ground. It was just a countryside road with forests, farmlands, Savannas and other landscapes to see as the sceneries. Only a few vehicles passed by the road.

The morning breeze swayed the green leaves and dropped the brown ones. The dew still hung low at the edge of the leaves and slowly it fell on the ground carpeted by the thick and dried brownish leaves. 

Zhan sat inside the car on the front passenger seat next to the man who was driving. His eyes wandering around the landscapes. His mind, however, flew to the other side of the scenery. Another beautiful scenery. The most beautiful one that he has ever seen. The beauty of the man he met a few months ago through the hectic encounter.

He smiled to every memory he had with Yibo. But his eyes were teary. Zhuo Cheng who was driving glanced at him.

"Tsk! Do you want to go back?' asked Zhuo Cheng, gushing.

Zhan a little bit startled. He turned to Zhuo Cheng after he wiped his tears. He shook his head.

"You better decide now. If tomorrow you changed your mind, I make sure I won't come to pick you up!" said Zhuo Cheng, warned the boy.

"Why?" asked Zhan. innocently.

"Why, you say? What why? Do you mean you really feel want to go back to Beijing tomorrow??" Zhuo Cheng screamed.

"I don't say that...!" Zhan pouted. He averted his gaze to the road.

"You don't say that. But your action does!" Zhuo Cheng glared at him.

Zhan didn't answer him. Zhuo Cheng gushed and glared at him. Then he focused again on the street.

"Why do you help me?" asked Zhan, after a while they were in silence.

Zhuo Cheng glanced at him.

"I like your smile!" replied Zhuo Cheng with face like didn't want to admit it.

"Huh?" Zhan dumbstruck.

"Heyy...! Don't look at me like that! I'm not gay! What I mean like, just like. No hidden meaning....!" Zhuo Cheng scowled.

"That's it? Because you like my smile?" asked Zhan.

"I see you as a good person and innocent. So naive. You listen to your boyfriend's step mother more than your boyfriend himself. He loves you so much, yet you leave him just because his stepmother asked you to do so. Eh! I tell you, Zhan! I don't think he is stupid enough to announce your relationship. He has thought about it. He already came out before you, right? And he wants you to do the same! It's no way you will keep hiding it from your father if it already aired globally. His followers are everywhere...!"

Zhan kept quiet.

"Why do you obey the woman?" asked Zhuo Chneg when he noticed Zhan kept quiet.

"He's a nice lady..." Zhan mumbled without glancing at Zhuo Cheng.

Zhuo Chneg scoffed.

"Only that? You only live under the same roof with her for a few days and you can decide that she's a nice lady? And you want to proof to your boyfriend that he was wrong about his stepmother all this time? Who has lived with her for 7 years?" Zhuo Cheng laughed mockery.

Zhan looked scowling at him.

"I'm sorry to say this, Zhan! You are stupid! There is not without reason your boyfriend dislike her, ok?" Zhuo Cheng said after he controlled his laugh.