marvin x reader

Y/n pov

Standing back, I admired my 3 hours of work, moving and building shelves for my merch and fan art. Feeling proud of myself, I decided to get ready to film a video. As soon as I sat down, I heard footsteps running in the corridor. I go up to investigate.

Opening the door, I see Marvin trying but failing to do a magic trick. He was staying over because Jack and anti were filming the day. Jack had asked me to babysit and I agreed, it wasn't hard. He jumped, looking at me with a smile as he wore his cat mask and held a deck of cards.

"Oh hey, y/n, sorry for disturbing you " he rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he stood up properly looking down. I smiled and curtly nodded. "It's fine Marvin just heard you running". He blushed and chuckle nervously.

" yeah I was trying to do a magic trick but it wouldn't work". I look at him feeling sympathy for him as most of his tricks fail, it's only rare when one actually works for him. "Well, what trick are you trying to do?" I was willing to help, making my way towards him and his tool.

"I was trying to make a card disappear then reappear as a different card," he explained as I watched listening and assess the trick. "How long you've been doing this?" I asked worrying for his health and state he usually would be in after a trick.

"Oh I just started," i nod and look at his magic setup, which possessed a lot of normal magicians kit. However, there was one which was unusual. The object was a weird little booklet that looked old and burnt at the edges. The deep purple colour of the front had a pattern and a symbol in the centre.

"Marv" i call his name to get his attention which worked. I heard him turn towards me just as i pick up the book. The book felt light and crispy, it was mesmerising. I glide my fingers over the pages going to open it i turn it the side.

"NO!" I heard Marvin shout grabbing the book out of my grasp and held it close to him. The reaction startled me looking at him, i see his face looking serious and scared. His eyes were glowing abit with his mask faintly.

"Don't.ever.open.this.book!" He said very deadly, accompanied by the venom dripping from his mouth. I shake my head quickly not wanting to anger him more as the atmosphere makes the room drop cold. We stood there having a staring competition.

He finally moved away still glaring at me with those fierce green eyes that made me shiver and glance down. I heard him shuffling and teleport his stuff away packing it up. I was frozen there scared and confused never in my life have i seen Marvin at like that. This Marvin was scary.

"I'm gonna go now anti mind linked and said i can go home". I look at him as he spoke but he refused to look at me. " o ok...bye then" i stutter out making him tip his head. "See ya soon," he says a spell and disappeared in green smoke.

I looked at where he was standing letting my mind go free with thoughts and emotions. There are some things i know i wanna know find out. Why can't i open the book? Why did Marvin become protective? No matter what i will find out.

-----------
Hey, guys so this was late was doing my room and had a friend over. But i hope you like it cause it was tough. anyway, comment and like until next time bye 👋