Chapter 17.4 Battle in the VR part 4

(Continuing the trek in the digital world, Preston, Nathan and Hannah find themselves in the night terrors levels to ward off the worst of the worst animatronics in order to find BlackGryph0n). 

Preston, Nathan and Hannah quickly appear in this dark room that had only the light from their armor illuminating the area.  "Ok, who is the fnaf expert?" Asked Preston.  "Me, I know a lot of the stuff about the series" added Nathan immediately.  "I bake so I'm not the best choice" added Hannah.  Preston nodded then he and Hannah looked at Nathan to explain the level.  "So night terrors is actually four different segments, each with a different animatronic".  " funtime Freddy, nightmarionne, circus baby, and nightmare fredbear" he said.  "Let me guess, each with a different strategy of winning?" Asked Hannah.

  Nathan nodded in response.  "So which segment did we enter?" Asked Preston.  Nathan checked the area before looking.  "Aw fuck it's the nightmarionne level" he said.   "I'm guessing that's not like Natemare" added Hannah.  "Let's call it Natemare if he was never rescued plus hundreds of tentacles" added Nathan.  Hannah and Preston shuddered a bit hearing that.  "And finding black gryph0n will be hard here because only light can ward away the creeping tentacles" added Nathan. 

"So if we leave the area-" added Hannah.   "They come for us" added Nathan.  Preston was thinking a moment and had an idea.  "I know who we need from you for this Nathan" he said.  "Phantom, hartattack game start" added Preston.  The duo took on their personas and phantom grinned.  "I get what you're saying" he said before creating this red orb in the room.   "Now the tentacles won't get us" added hartattack impressed. 

Preston got a message and checked it.  "Will forwarded some info from his friend chi chi about Blackgryph0n".   " Seems he's a musician, vlogger and impressionist, he's collabed with several voice actors mainly the actress who played Apple Bloom in my little pony, and currently lends his vocals to the radio demon dealmaker Alastor for a series called Hazbin Hotel and chi chi is in the cast too" explained Preston.  Phantom perked up when Preston said dealmaker.  "I wonder why we haven't seen darko?" Asked hartattack.  As if on cue in a dark spot of a different room they saw glowing purple tentacles start to snake in.  "SON OF A BITCH!" yelled Preston blasting the tentacles with light orbs.   "He's being silent but sneaky" added Phantom. 

"I take back what I said!" Yelled Hartattack.  The trio regrouped somewhere.  "Ok I'm the expert thanks to Nathan so are you ok if I lead Preston?" Asked Phantom.  Preston nodded and let him go ahead.  "Our best shot to find Blackgryph0n is to split up, if you find him get him back in the main room".  " I have my staff, Preston has light magic to ward off the tentacles ".  " Here hartattack " added Phantom.  He gave a spare staff to hartattack. 

"Use this but don't touch the orb" he said.  "Why not?" Asked hartattack.  "You could trap yourself or release an evil soul that may want me dead" added Phantom.  Hartattack froze gulping.  "No orb touching, noted" she said.  The trio then split up and started investigating different areas of the house.  "I hope we get him before Darko" murmured Preston.  They all warded off tentacles in the process during the search. 

Preston noticed someone and walked over.  "Blackgryph0n?" He asked.  He got a groan in response.  "Fair enough let's look" added Preston.  He checked seeing ligature marks on the wrists and neck.  "Damn Darko was torturing him" he said.  "Guys I found our guy" he added a communication.  However he didn't hear a response from Phantom or Hartattack. 

"Guys?" He asked.  He helped Blackgryph0n up who shook his head and looked around.  "I don't think your friends are able to talk" he added.  Preston then heard a familiar laughter on his wristbands.  "S͙o͙r͙r͙y͙ t͙h͙e͙y͙ c͙a͙n͙'t͙ c͙o͙m͙e͙ t͙o͙ t͙h͙e͙ p͙h͙o͙n͙e͙ r͙i͙g͙h͙t͙ n͙o͙w͙, I͙ h͙a͙v͙e͙ t͙h͙e͙m͙" added Darko.  "I͙ t͙h͙i͙n͙k͙ y͙o͙u͙r͙ s͙m͙a͙r͙t͙ d͙e͙c͙i͙s͙i͙o͙n͙ i͙s͙ t͙o͙ s͙u͙r͙r͙e͙n͙d͙e͙r͙ a͙n͙d͙ I͙'l͙l͙ s͙p͙a͙r͙e͙ y͙o͙u͙r͙ f͙r͙i͙e͙n͙d͙s͙".  Preston was scared a bit.  Blackgryph0n tapped Preston on the shoulder making the wizard face him.  He then placed a hand on the wristband for music before it glowed a moment.  

When it vanished a copy of the music wristband was on Blackgryph0n's wrist.   "You know who to bring me out as" he said indicating he wants to help Preston.  Preston nodded and walked away before he entered the main room seeing a purple eyed nightmarionne which was Darko possessing it.  Phantom and Hartattack were trapped in the tentacles.  Preston slowly held his hands up and looked at the wristband seeing the ability dealmaker in arms, silently activate this to do a second summon of a dealmaker before activating it.  "I surrender... Let them go" added Preston.  Darko chuckled and wrapped tentacles around Preston bringing him over.  "B͙y͙ t͙h͙e͙ w͙a͙y͙, I l͙i͙e͙d͙!" He said laughing insanely. 

"A͙n͙y͙ l͙a͙s͙t͙ w͙o͙r͙d͙s͙ b͙e͙f͙o͙r͙e͙ I͙ k͙i͙l͙l͙ a͙l͙l͙ t͙h͙r͙e͙e͙ o͙f͙ y͙o͙u͙ a͙n͙d͙ t͙a͙k͙e͙ y͙o͙u͙r͙ b͙o͙d͙i͙e͙s͙ t͙o͙ K͙i͙n͙g͙ p͙e͙w͙d͙s͙" he asked.  Phantom and Hartattack were scared and looked at Preston.  Preston smirked and looked at Darko.  "Alastor game start" he said.  "Say what?!" The trio said before a huge  portal opened and these huge dark tendrils of energy grabbed Darko starting to dig into the animatronic body.  Phantom and Hartattack were released with Preston and they regrouped before looking to the side seeing Blackgryph0n now looking like the very character he lends the singing voice too.  "WELL, Did someone order a party crasher?!" Declared Alastor.  Darko gasped looking at the other dealmaker. 

"Dealmaker in arms, if I activate it, it grants me another summon as long as it's another dealmaker like Phantom" added Preston grinning.  Phantom smirked and joined Alastor.  "Need a little extra power?" Asked Phantom.  Alastor nodded and the duo attacked together with Hartattack finishing the job.  "Y͙o͙u͙ w͙i͙l͙l͙ n͙o͙t͙ r͙e͙m͙o͙v͙e͙ m͙e͙ f͙r͙o͙m͙ t͙h͙i͙s͙ l͙e͙v͙e͙l͙!" Screamed Darko.  Alastor finished the job causing this level's Darko to burst into digital pieces.  "All three of you, game over" added Preston.  They returned to normal and escaped into the main room.  

Aaron, Alexia and Darcy came over while Shane, Amalee, Jack, Jp, Daniel, Will and Yoshi were all chilling. "We need this one to stick around" added Hannah excited pointing to Blackgryph0n.  "Oh crap" added Nathan seeing the unknown figure.  Everyone stopped and looked at him.  "Do you know?" Asked Jack.  "It's Casey, he was glitchtrap in the random encounters web of lies music video" added Nathan studying the materializing figure.  "This looks like something must've happened that he's now Glitchtrap" he said.  "So what do we do?" Asked Amalee.

"There's only one way to get answers over what happened to him" added Nathan.  "The remaining members of the team succeed in their levels" added Will. 

(A/N: Another level down but now the identity revealed.  Why is Casey there?  Well we'll find out.  Anyway hope you all enjoy).