Chapter 25: Split to good

(Author note: The abandonment in last chapter?  Let's just say... I lied I'm gonna give one more hint to my upcoming B-team story.  And this chapter is all about it.  Also I don't own the photo of Liza Split, that belongs to Jazza).

Aaron, Shane, and JP returned with the unconscious and handcuffed Liza Split.  The rest of the team looked confused seeing her.  "Why do you have Liza Split with you?" Asked Nikita.  "We got taken hostage and faced Dr V and Liza Split, but when we won Dr. V disappeared but left her behind" responded Aaron.  "And Aaron thinks he knows a way we can break Liza free from shadowsteel for good" added Shane.  "Not me.... Alexia" corrected Aaron.  Alexia, Jack and Amalee were confused.  "Why do you say I would know?" Asked Alexia. 

"Your friend Aleanna was Liza Split's previous summoner right?" Asked Aaron.  Will was stunned to hear this looking over.  "When she was brainwashed yeah" added Alexia reluctantly.  "What if we get your friend and Liza Split rebonded but fighting for the right side" asked Aaron.  "Whoa hold on there!" Exclaimed Jack.  "You're asking Alexia to pull her friend back into this shithole that's shadowsteel and try to get her to rescue Liza here?!" He asked.  "I'm not agreeing to this" added Amalee.  Everyone looked at each other unsure on Aaron's suggestion. 

Alexia sighed a bit thinking back to everything her friend's been through.  She looked at the team and took a deep breathe before saying, "Let me talk to her alone first".  "It is fully up to her, so permission granted" added Nikita.  Alexia left with Jack and Amalee before they went to Aleanna's house.  On arrival Alexia rang the doorbell before Aleanna answered and let the trio in.  She closed the door and looked worried.  "Is something wrong?" She said.  Alexia looked at her shaking her head saying, "Not exactly". 

Alexia then explained what's been happening and what Aaron mentioned.  "Jack and Amalee here both disagree on letting you back into the shit but I said I'll talk with you first" finished Alexia gesturing to Jack and Amalee.  Aleanna hugged herself sitting down needing a moment because she's always haunted by the memories of what she did.  However, she then looked angry.  "Shadowsteel did a lot of horrible things including what they made me do.... They seem fractured if they're just abandoning their guys...." Added Aleanna.  She stood up looking at them.  "You're right, even though I was brainwashed during the time I am still Liza Split's original partner" she said.  The trio was stunned hearing this. 

"Can you take me to her?" Asked Aleanna.  "Um...ok... You sure?" Asked Alexia.  Aleanna nodded a bit shaking a little.   The trio helped her to the base where Liza Split was kept in this prison set up by Safiya and Marzia.  "Can I try this alone?" Asked Aleanna.  Out of respect the team stepped away after Aleanna was let into the cell.  Liza Split chuckled a bit seeing her.  "Well, seems you cleaned up well for a Shadowsteel traitor" she said.

Aleanna sighed a bit taking a deep breath before approaching her.  "If you consider me being saved from them due to brainwash a traitorous act" she said.  She sat down across from her making sure there was distance between them.  "So,  they abandoned you huh?" Asked Aleanna crossing her arms.  Liza split got angry and ran at her only to be pulled back to the ground thanks to the chains she wore.  "THEY DIDN'T ABANDON ME THEY WILL COME BACK!!!" she snapped.  Aleanna looked around the place deciding to try a little mind game.  "Then why haven't the spies all scattered throughout the school break in?" She asked. 

Liza froze looking at her shocked that she knew.  "Think I didn't know what the plan was?".  "That after my time as a brainwash victim I'd be left in the dark?" Added Aleanna.  She stood up grinning.  "I knew you all were up to something like this the moment I saw Alexia's brother in the same state I was in 3 years ago" she added.  "Yet no one is bursting down the walls for you".   Aleanna got closer and sat beside her.  " I know you were transformed into this by king pewds, so you're not acting on free will".

Liza split pulled back confused.  "No... No he made me for this!" She countered.  "He did it for everyone on his team!".  Aleanna rolled her eyes in response.  "Only that he'll drop you all like flies cause none of you are superior to him" added Aleanna.  Liza split growled curling up trying to process everything.  "Come back to where you belong Liza, I'll gladly partner up as your summoner again" added Aleanna holding a hand out.  "I don't treat friends like waste of space henchmen". 

Liza split was unsure and suddenly winced placing a hand on her neck.  Aleanna frowned a bit.  "You were created from an accident" she said. Liza split sighed a bit and reluctantly lowered her turtle neck revealing a huge scar and some bruising.  "Slashed by a harpy and strangled by an evil witch" she said.   Aleanna was stunned hearing this and gently placed a hand on Liza split's leg.  "Remember who you really are Liza, even the digimax guys know you're stronger then this" added Aleanna.  Liza Split cringed holding her head before screaming suddenly unleashing a huge amount of King Pewd's energy. 

Aleanna gasped seeing a wristband appear on her wrist to represent the vlog group but then it revealed an image of a harpy woman.  "Wait... That means" added Aleanna.  Liza gasped suddenly coughing as she dropped to her knees.  She now had on a ripped Victorian era uniform, blue and orange wings and tail of a harpy, plus now having talons and claws and a few blue and orange feathers stuck out from her head among her dark hair.  She looked over and hugged Aleanna.  "Thank you" she said.  "Liza split 2.0" added Aleanna seeing the name.  "What it was catchy" added Liza split 2.0.  She then transformed back to a now rescued Liza. 

Everyone came in and hugged her.  Joey was crying a bit.  "Liza you're back" he said.  "Oh relax Joey, I may have been brainwashed but I ain't be leavin'" added Liza with her usual sass attitude.  "There's the Liza we know and love" added Daniel chuckling.  Liza faced Aleanna before attaching her matching wristband.  "I'll be honored to fight with you again my summoner" added Liza grinning.  Aleanna smiled a bit and hugged her. 

"Hell maybe you two should lead" teased Alexia.  "Think you can give us more information to taking shadowsteel down?" Asked Mat.  Liza crossed her arms.  "Damn right I can" she said.  "Gimme a computer".

(A/n: I'll cliffhanger it here.  But putting the duo back together and Alexia's teasing comment are another hint.  My b-team story will have Aleanna and Liza split leading the charge.  But things are getting close to the end.  Hope you all enjoy).