Chapter 14

"Trust me when I say

"Trust me when I say... I can make your death look like an accident."

With my growing hostility in the back of my head, I tried to keep my body under control.

It often tended to leap from mere verbal threats to actual physical action. So it was better that I distanced myself again as soon as possible.

I was about to stand on my heels again when I suddenly felt Donghyuck's arm around my back and he proceeded to press me firmly against him.

At the same time my heart made a huge jump while I unconsciously stopped breathing. Carefully he tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear with his free hand, causing an unusual tingling sensation on my skin.

"Kinky", he now whispered into my ear with his rough voice, imitating my comment from yesterday.

I immediatly freed myself from his clasping grip and pushed him away from me as hard as I could. My fingers, still hidden in the gloves, twitched uncontrollably as they clenched together into fists.

I wanted to insult him somehow, but only an incomprehensible cursing left my mouth and I noticed an unpleasant warmth that slowly started to change the colors of my cheeks.

I quickly turned away from him, but unfortunately too late, so I heard him chuckle amused behind my ownback.

Great, just great.

"Don't you want to start training?" I harshly called out when I noticed the girls who had been watching the whole scene. They were startled at first, but nodded to confirm.

"And you'd better go and change your clothes before I change my mind again and you can find another clu-"

An unexpected ringing interrupted me in the middle of my sentence and I could assign it directly to my phone. Quickly I ran over to my bag, ignoring Donghyuck and the blush on my face, and took the call.

"What's up?"

A surprised expression spread across my face when I heard the voice of my leader.

I hummed several times while listening attentively to Yeeun as my facial features became more serious with every second. A little later I hung up again and took off my boxing gloves before throwing them in the direction of the newbie, barely catching them.

"Put them away for me," I ordered him while he looked at me confused and reluctant at the same time.

"Where are you going?"

"None of your fucking business."

Before he could say anything else, I threw my bag over my shoulder and ran out of the gym in my sports clothes. My feet carried me across the hallways until a little later I arrived at the parking lot and found the familiar black van there.

With every step widening the gap between me an the boy, my heart and breathing slowed down and I felt my head clearer.

"Why's your face so red?" a confused Olivia looked at me after opening the back door of the van from the inside.

"I went for a jog," I lied without missing a beat, whereupon she merely nodded and signaled to finally get in.

As soon as I jumped into the back of the van, the car drove off and accelerated in no time.

"So there's a shooting?" I repeated the information that had been given to me over the phone earlier and tried to change clothes in the swaying vehicle.

Olivia checked the magazine of her gun and put a couple more in the inside pockets of her jacket while giving me additional details.

"According to Dahyun, they are located at the port of the city. Apparently NCT wanted to take a new delivery in after we took the last one from them, but it looks like SVT found out about it and now want it themselves. We should make sure that neither group gets away with it."

An innocent but playful smile formed on my lips as I tied my hair in a tight ponytail and licked my tongue across my lips.

"Please tell me I can play with my baby."

Olivia just started grinning and gave me an affirmative wink.

Time to get this party started.

Hohoho 666 words, nice