Chapter 21

THE PICTURE ↑ IS ACCURATE AF 🤣🤣

this is also the first monday without tog webtoon :(((

• • • •

The (h/c) haired girl threw the volleyball up and then ran to it while jumping, giving it a hard smack. The ball landed at where she wanted it to be.

"Wow, you're focused today." Her setter said playfully. Instead of earning a happy reply like usual, Hanae only got a small hum from her friend. The red headed girl got a glimpse of a large bruises on (Name)'s thigh and even on the leg, the make up was coming off due to the sweats of (Name).

The red haired female, Hanae was quite shocked of how her friend reacted, she walked over to (Name) is and then held her shoulders.

"Oi, is something bothering you?"

The girl shook her head before making another serve, Hanae watched and shook her head in disbelief, (Name) was too quiet for her liking.

"Where'd you get that bruises?" The girl pushed up her eyeglasses before pointing at where the bruises were located.

"I fell down the stairs." This wasn't a lie. (Name) was blunt when she said this.

"Really?" Hanae had an obvious look of disbelief plastered on her face. "You know that you can eventually get injured if you ignore it." She scoffed as she continued to examine the bruises with her judging eyes.

"Yeah, I know." (Name) looked on her friend's eyes intently before throwing another volleyball in the air.

"You've been training for hours. You're overexerting you body."

"I know." The (e/c) eyed female emphasized this as she once again served the volleyball. She could fell her body taking a toll from fatigue but, she ignored it.

Hanae sighed and decided to help her friend practice instead of talking. It was only the two of them in the gym, their other teammates were eating dinner in the garden, Hanae and (Name) decided to eat late.

It's now Wednesday.

(Name) didn't wake up early, she was woken up by her red headed friend by opening the blinds of the window.

"What time is it?" The girl groaned as she pushed the covers off of her body.

"It's already eight."

"Oh, okay." Hanae watched the (h/c) haired girl solemnly stood up from her bed, she folded her bed neatly and then tucked it to the side of the room. After that, the girl walked to the bathroom to do her morning routine. Hanae stood in the room by herself, waiting for her friend to finish up in the bathroom.

Today, they were going up against the Wolhaiksong school again, it's just a practice so no need to take it seriously, however (Name) had a different plan. She ought to win every match.

(Name) poured all her strength on her serves and spikes, she managed to land the ball where she wanted. She was filled with energy today, probably the energy she's gotten from her anger.

Tower of God Academy team won, all of they were happy because (Name)'s very focused. Usually, the girl would've slacked off or maybe doesn't even notice the ball coming towards her.

"What's with you, (Name)?"

"You're amazing today!" Her teammates praised and cheered their amazing ace.

"..Thanks." The (e/c) eyed female smiled, after that, she and her team walked out of the gym to eat.

They were now seated in a large table, there were many varieties of food enough to please them. The managers helped the cook make this. All of them placed their hands together before yelling, "Thank you for the food!" They dug in immediately after saying that.

(Name) wasn't eating well, she poked her food around boredly. Suddenly she remembers that Bam likes eating rice. She looked left and was about to reach out for the glass of water, but suddenly, her mind made her remember something.

Bam also drinks water. She wanted to tear up right now.

Hanae that (Name) wasn't eating so, she pushed up her glasses before moving to the girl's side. She took (Name)'s spoon and took a spoonful of fried rice and then shoved into her mouth.

"Oomf! HANAE--!!" The girl coughed out and and was shoved with food once again. All the person present around the room gaped at the two, the scene looked like where a mother was feeding her picky eater child.

"Hanae, slow down. She's choking."Hanae looked at the person who said this, she gave that person a glare as if she'd also do this to them.

Lunch ended with (Name)'s food all eaten, she was stuffed, literally. They were given a one hour break because they only finished eating.

(Name) went to her team's room and then placed her futon on the floor, she laid down and closed her eyes. Unbeknownst to her, Hanae was by the door, watching her.

While (Name) was sleeping, the red headed girl took a hold of her friend's cellphone that kept vibrating. She opened it and unlocked the phone easily since (Name) have her the password ages ago.

There were a lot of missed messages and calls. She looked at the messages and realized that (Name) had a boyfriend problem! She typed on the phone and then sent it. She left cellphone on the sleeping girl's side before doing her own business.

After an hour, (Name) is now up and running under the sunny shade of the sun, she was sweating a lot. She was falling behind her team because there was a sudden burst of pain coming from her knees, specifically the right knee.

She tumbled on the ground as soon as the pain worsened. Thankfully, the team behind (Name) immediately rushed to help.

"You alright?" The (h/c) haired girl placed a hand over her eyes before shaking her head. All she could fell was the immense pain coming from her knees.

"Can someone get the coaches?!" The other girls rushed to the direction of the coaches room.

"I TOLD YOU SO!" Hanae bonked (Name)'s head with her palm and then proceeded to wipe the sweat off her face. Hanae is such a caring girl, almost like a big sister to (Name).

(Name) wanted to cry, how will she play volleyball in a state like this? This was just a part of the reason why she wants to cry, she wants to hug Bam again despite only seeing him last three days ago.

• • • •

The (h/c) haired girl was now on the hospital, she was rushed there as soon as her coach her her state, the coach probably knew why she became like this.

When the girl looked at her knees, there was a Knee fracture brace also called a immobilizer on it. The doctor that examined her told her that her that it will take her four to six weeks to for the fracture to heal.

(Name) looked down at her hands that was placed on her lap as soon as she realises that she'll have to sit out on the Prefectural Qualifiers.

"I already called your parents. They said they'll be here in an hour." Her usually strict coach spoke in a gentle voice while his face had a concerned look.

"Okay, thank you."

"Try not to overexert yourself next time." The injured girl nodded in reply.

Hanae was at her side, she chose to be there despite the coach advising her to go back and train. "Don't worry, we'll win for you."

"Thanks, Hanae."

• • • •

Only one chapter today cause my creativity juice is running out. sorry :<