Chapter Eighteen

Kyra couldn't do it anymore. She was at the Salvatore's packing her stuff. She was going to leave town and everyone behind including Elijah.
"Where you going?" Kyra heard Damon ask as she jumped when she didn't hear him come in.
"Hi Damon," she replied in a casual voice as she zipped up her last bag.
"I'm leaving,"
"I'm sorry.... what?"
"Leaving,"
"Then go to the next room,"
"No Damon I'm not staying here anymore. I can't not when Stefan and I are done,"
"Where will you go? Can you just think about it,"
"I have thought about it Damon! I can't sleep here knowing my ex is down the hall with his new humanoid girlfriend. I don't know where I'm going but it's away from this town,"
Damon looked hurt.
"Away?" He questions.
"Yes, I'm leaving town. I just.... not with the dopplewhore around. I can't without wanting to kill her,"
"I'll go with you,"
Kyra shook her head.
"Stefan needs you,"
"Stay at a motel tonight. If you still want to leave in the morning I won't stop you. But please just think about it. We've only just started to officially get along with each other. And I can't lose the one woman that I've always loved, even if she doesn't love me back I'll always be there for her," Damon says as Kyra had tears in her eyes.
"Damon," she says vamp speeding towards him and grabbing him in a hug.
Damon sighed hugging her back tight afraid that it'll be the last hug he gets from her.
"I'll think about it okay?"
He smiled.
"I'm glad and Kyra?" He asks pulling away as he grabbed her face with his hands.
He searched her eyes before leaning in and giving her a kiss. It was a small one at first, but it soon turned into passion the moment Kyra had kissed him back.
Damon vamp speed her to the bed as lips moved in sync. He pushed off her jacket she was wearing as she took off his shirt. She raked her fingers down his back as Damon moaned in pleasure. He moved from her lips to her neck as Kyra let out a moan of pleasure. He kissed his way down her stomach as he began tugging at her pants.
"Damon, Stop," Kyra says pushing his hands away causing him to frown.
"I-I can't I'm sorry I just can't," 
Damon sighed before laying down on the bed.
"I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have done that. You did just break up with my brother, it was a dick move,"
"Is this Damon apologizing?" Kyra asked smirking while putting her shirt back on.
"Shhh. Don't tell anyone," he winked causing her to giggle.
"I better go before Stefan comes home from school. Whatever you do do not tell him my location at all costs,"
"Yes ma'am," Damon saluted causing Kyra to smile while shaking her head.
••••••••
After Kyra had left, Damon went down to drink a glass of bourbon. The door opened than closed as he didn't have to turn around to see who it was.
"Had a fun day with Elena baby brother?" He asked drowning another glass.
Stefan frowned but sighed.
"Where is she? I need to resolve things with her,"
"She's gone,"
"Gone? What do you mean gone?" Stefan asked frantic as Damon drowned another glass.
"Gone as in she skipped town. Gone as in  hasta la vista baby," 
"And you let her leave?!"
"What was I supposed to do? Stop her?"
"Yes!"
"Well baby brother she was hot, upset and angry I don't think I could stop that without her snapping my neck first,"
Stefan's shoulders slumped. He gets what he did was wrong, but he didn't think she would skip town because of him.
"She's really gone?"
"Maybe it's for the best Stefan. She'll come back one day after all Elijah is here,"
"Elijah! Elijah! Maybe that's where she went. I have to find her!" Stefan yelled before running out the door.
Damon sighed as he wasn't going to find her there. He pulled out his phone to call her though to make sure she made it to the motel.
"Hey Damon," she answered after the third ring.
"Stefan came home,"
"How is he?"
"Looking for you. He thinks you went to Elijah's,"
Kyra chuckled on the other end.
"He doesn't even know I'm gone. I'm sure he'll send a search party for me. Always have been protective of me since I'm the youngest,"
"I get it. It's a big brother thing you wouldn't understand,"
She laughed causing him to smile.
"What was your reason for calling again?"
"To hear your voice. And to make sure you got there okay,"
Kyra smiled although she knew Damon couldn't see it.
"I'm alright Damon I promise,"
"Good. Have a good rest of your day,"
"You too," she said before hanging up the phone.