Chapter Twenty

Flashback 1864
Kyra giggled as she was secretly in Stefan's room. Giuseppe Salvatore allowed Kyra Mikaelson to stay for the last two years and she has most certainly grown closer to the youngest Salvatore, who was reading a book to her although he was having a hard time concentrating for he kept staring or glancing at her wondering how he got so lucky to have someone like her in his life.
"Your staring again," she says giggling once more causing Stefan to blush.
"I-I-I am? I do apologize miss. Mikaelson it's just your so beautiful it takes my breath away,"
She smiled at him before kissing his cheek.
"You're so sweet Mr. Salvatore," she responds causing him to gasp and close the book.
"What's wrong?"
"I JUST REALIZED DAMON WILL BE COMING HOME SOON! Come on let's go outside," he says dragging her out of bed and hurriedly our the door before his father could see.
Once outside, they waited by the front porch for his arrival, Damon Salvatore is the eldest Salvatore who was in the army. He's been gone for some time and he's stationed to return home today.
"I'm so excited Kyra, I haven't seen him in 10 years," Stefan exaggerates while laying back on his back looking up at the sky.
Kyra did the same as she laughed.
"You over exaggerate my dear. It's only been a few months,"
"I know but Damon is the best big brother I could ask for. I can't think of anyone else I wanted to be my brother besides him,"
"I love how strong the bond between you have. It makes me slightly jealous,"
"You mean you never got along with yours? I thought you said you did?"
"With my big brother a long long time ago. Niklaus was the third eldest and also the most protective besides Elijah. Finn was the first but he didn't like me very much, didn't have the same energy as the others and would keep away from me most of the time. But Nik, Stefan you couldn't bring a guy home without Niklaus threatening to chop his head off with the sword he had," Kyra chuckled as Stefan was just listening in.
"If he met you right now he'd do the same thing then if you ended up staying he'll ask you countless questions until you decide you've had enough and left me. Elijah is the noble one he will at least try and get to know somebody first, Kol is that brother who will follow you everywhere you go, Rebekah is the type to flirt to see how worthy you are of me, and Henrik was just the type to say hi and be on his way,"
"Henrik is the one who passed right?" Stefan asked causing Kyra to frown.
"Yes, sadly he did. My family was broken after that though,"
"Meaning when they turned you all into Vampires?"
"Yes,"
"Kyra, what if I want to be a vampire with you? Life without you doesn't have any meaning for me,"
"Stefan........ You have a life ahead of you. I'm not taking that away from you by changing you. Besides you can never have kids,"
"It's a risk I'm willing to take. I meant it when I say I love you Kyra, I don't want to be apart from you,"
Before anything more was said, The sound of a car stopping was heard as the two got up to see Damon coming home with a smile on his face.
"DAMON!" Stefan yelled running towards him as Damon did the same.
Kyra was running behind him in human speed as the brothers embraced each other in a huge hug.
"I missed you baby brother," Damon says rubbing Stefan's head with his hand.
He laughed.
"I missed you too big brother,"
"How long will you be staying?" Kyra decided to speak up having Damon stare at her with wide eyes.
His breath hitched at his throat as his heart pounded within his chest. She's always been beautiful in his eyes but Stefan took her heart first. He moved away from him and over to Kyra as he embraced her in a hug. She giggled as he twirled her around causing Stefan to frown slightly.
"How is it that you manage to look so beautiful every time I come home?"
She blushed as he let her go.
"I missed you too Damon," she giggled causing him to smile.
"And to answer your question," he says looking over at Stefan with a smile.
"I'm staying for good this time,"
Stefan's eyes widened.
"Y-You are? But what about-"
"I don't care what dad thinks. I just want to be home with my family,"
The three smiled before Damon pulled them into a group hug. They pulled away though as soon as they heard a carriage pull up. A woman who Kyra was very familiar with stepped out of the carriage. And smirked at her.
"Kyra Mikaelson," She says in a fake hyper voice running over to her.
"The hell are you doing here? Why are you here?" Kyra hissed in her ear when she hugged her as both brothers stared in curiosity.
"I came to have some fun," she whispered back before pulling away. "It's so good to see you again," She says smiling before turning to the brothers.
"I'm sorry for not Introducing myself. Kyra is an old friend of mine, I'm Katherine. Katherine Pierce," she introduced while bowing.
End of Flashback
So, Kyra didn't get a chance to leave this dreadful town because Elijah convinced her to stay. And now she lives in the Mikaelson mansion but is no longer going to school that was the negotiation the two had and Elijah hated it because she needs her education, but he understands that she can't be there with Stefan falling in love with the dopplewhore. So, she was currently sitting on the couch eating Ice Cream while watching TV. Elijah was coming downstairs from a much needed shower.
"Kyra, it's like 9AM what are you doing eating Ice Cream?" He asked plopping on the couch next to her.
"Leave a broken girl alone would ya? I spent 145 years of my life with a guy who chose Katherine's doppelgänger over me. I'm kind of glad I never married him," she mumbled the las part while taking another spoonful of ice cream.
"Do you wanna talk about it? You know I'm here for you,"
Kyra sighed.
"I know, and I'm eternally grateful but I think I should deal with this alone,"
Elijah frowned.
"The last time-"
"It won't happen again I promise,"
"Okay. I've got business to attend to please no parties or breaking the house," Elijah says kissing her cheek before getting up.
"No Promises!" She called out before he left out the door.
A/N: You guys are awesome! 25K readers which makes this chapter extra long for my fans! It's approximately 1161 words!