Chapter Forty

When Damon Salvatore returned he frowned as he saw Kyra laughing with Marcel about something. She looked so happy and carefree with him that he couldn't tell her what his brother just said. He couldn't tell her how the Doppleganger  ratted her out to her brothers. Maybe there is a slight chance that they wouldn't come to find them here.
"Damon honey you okay? What did Stefan want?"
"He just wanted to make sure we got here okay," Damon easily lies while smiling.
He hate lying to her but he wanted her happy. And this dude made her happy.
"Okay. Come come Marcel was going to show us around town,"
Damon grinned.
"Could definitely use a drink,"
••••••••••
Back at the Mikaelson mansion the two brothers were seated at the living room.
"Why would she go there?" Klaus was the first to ask.
"I do not know. Perhaps to revisit the place, after all we made the city what it was today,"
"Yes but thats the place where.... Where-" Klaus says before putting his hands on his head.
"I know Niklaus you don't have to say it," Elijah says getting up to put a comforting hand on his brothers shoulder.
"What are we going to do?"
"Nothing,"
Klaus rose an eyebrow.
"Nothing? But she-"
"Niklaus. Let Kyra and Damon have some fun when they come back that's when we'll talk with her okay?"
"Can I go back to torturing Stefan then?"
"No, leave the other Salvatore alone. I believe he's finally realizing the mistake he made in leaving Kyra. Elena is for surly showing her true colors, in the end Stefan will get nobody,"
Klaus sighed in disappointment.
"Fine, be boring. I'll be upstairs,"
Before the two could go seperate ways the doorbell rang and Elijah opened it to see none other than Elena herself. She looked angry like she was ready to snap.
"I want Kyra gone, I want her out of here," she demanded in a firm voice.
"And who are you to make demands to us?" Klaus asks already disliking the girl.
"Because I'm Katherine's Doppelgänger and I know you needed her for something and it would suck if I happened to kill myself and come back as a vampire,"
"You wouldn't," Klaus growled.
She smirked.
"Watch me,"
"Why do you want to get rid of our sister?"
"Because she ruined my life duh. She took away my happiness and stole Damon who was supposed to be in love with me,"
"So in other news your an attention whore?" Klaus asked raised eyebrow.
"I'm a Doppelgänger okay, I deserve the love and attention from both brothers but Kyra being here is ruining everything,"
"Oh boo hoo. You best get over it we get rid of our sister on our own terms. Go ahead and kill yourself another Doppelgänger will just show up in about 500 years, personally your annoying,"
"Now if you would please get out of our house," Elijah says slamming the door in Elena's face.
••••••••••••
Damon and Kyra has spent their day exploring the city with Marcel. Damon had to agree even though he didn't like him at first the more he got to know him the more he was starting to like him. He was a lot like him in a way and the two became friends quickly and Kyra couldn't be more happy.
"Thank you for today Marcel," Kyra said as the three returned home just before dark as Kyra wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Anything for you ma, I love you," he says kissing her cheek.
She giggled.
"I love you too Darling. We'll see you in the morning,"
He nodded before letting go of her as the couple returned to their room.
"Thought this day would never end," Damon says laying down on the bed and closing his eyes.
Kyra giggled plopping down next to him.
"You had fun didn't you?"
He opened one eye to look at her and smiled.
"Yeah, yeah I did, but I should tell you something," he says as Kyra laid on his chest.
"What is it Damon?"
"Please don't be mad. I did it because you looked so happy with Marcel and I didn't want to ruin it,"
Kyra looked up at him.
"What is this about Damon just tell me,"
He took a deep breath.
"I-I lied to you about why Stefan called this morning. It wasn't just to make sure we got there okay. Apparently Elena has ratted us out on where we are in front of your brothers. She said she wanted you gone and that's why she did it. There is a great chance that they may come here but we don't know yet,"
Kyra was quiet. A little too quiet.
And when Kyra was quiet it means something bad will definitely happen on her terms.