Chapter Twenty-Three

"Please tell me you aren't with him?" Elijah asked as soon as Kyra got to the door.
"So what if I am big brother?"
"Kyra, you jumped from one Salvatore to another. What games are you playing with them?"
"There is no game Elijah. I was just too stupid to see that it wasn't Stefan because I was blinded by love! Damon treats me like a queen and I'd know he never hurt me,"
"That's right I wouldn't I'm not Stefan," the sound of Damon's voice say as an arm was wrapped around Kyra's shoulders.
"Damon," Kyra calls smiling as Elijah was glaring at him.
"Come, we must talk, why don't you go upstairs Kyra?"
Kyra sighed before kissing Damon on the cheek and leaving. Once gone, Elijah immediately pinned Damon to the wall in a choke hold.
"What do you want with my sister? What makes you so worthy of her?" He questions holding onto his neck tighter as Damon struggled in his grip. "I've heard of you Damon Salvatore. You'd kill humans for your own games and pleasure. You'd kill without blinking twice!"
"I-I-I'm not like that anymore," Damon struggled to say as Elijah through him across the room, causing him to hit a wall as he coughed for air.
"Do tell what's changed?"
"Kyra. I've always been in love with Kyra but Stefan took her from me. I was acting on impulse and was hurt that I could never get the girl I loved. I love Kyra for her personality, she's fun, smart, beautiful, her laugh will make you light up your world. She's everything to me. She has a fun spirit and she fills this void that I have on the inside. I love her Elijah I've always had since 1862. I would never hurt her I swear," Damon groans out while getting up from the floor.
"If anything Stefan is missing out on Kyra. He's missing out on the fun and amazing personality that she has. I'm glad that they finally broke up, because now I can take my place. I can take my place of the man she truly needs in her life," Damon finishes as Elijah only stared at him thinking.
"If you ever hurt her in any type of way. You and Stefan will both die," Elijah said before heading towards the kitchen.
Damon sighed in relief as he raced upstairs.
"You meant all that?" Kyra asked coming out of what he assumes is her room.
Damon smirked.
"And if I did?"
She looked at him with upmost love in her eyes before racing towards him in a bone crushing hug.
"Thank you Damon. I really am a fool not to see it was you the whole time,"
Damon smiled hugging his girlfriend back tighter.
"It's okay. We're together now right? That's all it matters, Elijah certainly gave my ass a hard time though," he says pulling away as Kyra giggled.
"He's just making sure you wouldn't hurt me. He's really protective and hates seeing me hurt,"
"I can tell. Come with me,"
"Where?"
"To the grill. Maybe we can get drunk and have great drunk sex,"
"I think not," Elijah says from the bottom of the stairs with crossed arms.
"Kyra, I need to talk to you now,"
Kyra sighed before pecking Damon on the lips.
"Let's put that on hold shall we?" She asked before flashing to Elijah as the two had went outside.
They were walking around the front.
"I see he's really into you," Elijah says while looking at his sister.
She nodded her head.
"He always has been..... if I could take back the last 145 years of my life I would. I shouldn't have wasted it on Stefan. I really should have seen the red flags when Katherine came around,"
"Why do you like Damon?"
"I like him because he's sweet, annoying, sarcastic, dangerous, and romantic,"
Elijah chuckled.
"Alright but Damon has one chance. If he screws up he's dead along with Stefan,"
"Yes Mr. Elijah sir,"
"I need a favor of you sister,"
"What is that?"
"I need you to return to school to keep an eye on the doppelgänger,"
Kyra shook her head.
"No way in hell Elijah. That would mean seeing Stefan again and I can't do that,"
"She knows about Vampires now. Which makes her valuable to other vampires who want her and if Niklaus finds out he will be coming here. We can't have that now can we?"
Kyra shook her head.
"Nobody wants Nik around,"
"Please go back to school for me? Befriend her and in return I'll behave around Damon,"
Kyra groaned before frowning.
"Fine," she agreed while crossing her arms.