Chapter Forty-Four

"Damon," Kyra breathed out putting a hand on his cheek but he swatted it away causing her heart to break.
"Answer the damn question," he growled.
"It's me Kyra. The girl you've been in love with for over 167 years,"
Damon let out a dry laugh.
"I would have remembered you if that was true. I love nobody and I'm tired of everyone telling me that you and I were supposably together. The only thing I'd ever want from you is mostly just sex with no attachments at all,"
Kyra's eyes began to tear up as was Stefan's. Those words hurt her greatly and Stefan could hear the breaking of her heart. She shook her head grabbing onto Damon's hand who tried to walk away.
"You don't mean that, you said you'll always love me together forever remember?"
"I must have been drunk," he hissed ripping his hand away from Kyra's as he left for upstairs.
Once he was gone Kyra slid to the floor and started bawling her eyes out.
"Kyra-"
"NO!" She screamed at Stefan vamp speeding towards him and slapped him as hard as she could as he flew back and slammed into a table.
He groaned in pain.
"THIS WAS YOUR FAULT! WE WERE HAPPY AND YOU CANT STAND IT!" She shouted tears flowing freely down her face.
"YOU WERE MINE FIRST! DAMON DOESNT DESERVE YOU!" Stefan shouted back getting up and pushing Kyra back with all his night as she hit the wall.
Stefan pinned her to it as he growled in her face.
"YOU ARE MINE!"
"NO!" She screamed trashing around in his grip.
Stefan wanted to calm her down so he did the unthinkable. He kissed her on the lips while holding onto her arms firmly. Kyra's eyes widened in shock as she released from Stefan's grip and pushed him back hard causing him to fly through a window.
"YOU DONT GDT TO FUCKING DO THAT! NOT ANYMORE ASSHOLE!" She shouted before storming out of the Salvatore boarding house unaware that Damon was watching the whole thing.
••••••••••
Damon Salvatore sighed as he ran a hand through his raven black hair. He has to admit what he said to her made him feel extremely guilty. She was too beautiful to just be used for sex and the guilt was killing him for some reason. He heard a groan as he flashed over to Stefan who was outside on the ground pulling out shards of glass.
"You got your ass kicked. She got strength I'll give you that,"
He sighed.
"Shut up if you weren't compelled you'd kick my own ass for kissing her,"
He rolled his eyes.
"Why do I feel guilty about what I said to Kyra? It's killing me and I never feel guilty!"
"Because you love her. That's the compulsion side trying to fight,"
He rolled his eyes again.
"Did you see where she went? I need to talk to her,"
"No. But I know where she goes when she's upset,"
Kyra Mikaelson had tears in her eyes. She was at the Mystic Falls bridge looking down at the water. She has nowhere to go and she for sure as hell wasn't going back to Klaus. She sighed, her heart was heavy and she missed Damon greatly. How was she going to have him fall in love with her all over again if he doesn't even want to get the time to know her again? She looked at the ring on her finger in sadness.
"Nice ring," the sound of Damon's voice was heard as Kyra gasped and saw him walking towards her.
She wiped her eyes.
"Damon,"
He smiled sadly at her.
"Are you married?"
She smiled as he was beside her.
"I'm going to be,"
He chuckled.
"That must be one lucky man,"
This time Kyra chuckled as she turned to face Damon with a smile.
"Yeah he is.... I'm looking right at him,"
"Me?"
"Yes Damon. You proposed to me before we left New Orleans,"
"I did? Why am I not remembering this stuff? I would have remembered proposing to someone As beautiful as you,"
"I thought I was only to be used for sex?"
He frowned the guilt coming back again.
"I usually don't do this but I wanted to apologize for the things I've said. I can't get rid of this guilt and it's killing me, I didn't mean it your beautiful and worthy of a woman not a sex toy, someone should treat you with love and compassion,"
"Yeah and that's you,"
"Why don't I remember?" He asked again getting upset.
"Because my idiot brother compelled you to forget. Because I didn't tell him about Marcel and I paid the price for that and it was you," Kyra said a tear rolling down her cheek.
Damon frowned and placed a hand on her cheek and rubbed the tears away. He didn't know what was happening to him but his unbeating heart would for surly would have been pounding a lot faster. Deep down he knows somewhere inside him he's in love with this girl he just doesn't know who she was and it's killing him.
"A beautiful girl like you should never cry," he says causing her to lightly laugh.
"Even if you don't remember me I still can't help but love you,"
He frowned.
"You shouldn't love me. I'm the bad guy remember?"
"A sexy one at that," she smirked as Damon chuckled.
Damon couldn't help it. Even though he just met this girl he couldn't help but feel the pull that's gravitating to her. He placed his forehead on hers as his eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips. The two began leaning in together.
"DAMON!" A voice shouted out as he groaned and spun his heel.
It was Elena who got out of her car and ran towards him with a huge smile on her face. He didn't remember Kyra and was totally going to take advantage of it as she jumped on him and placed her lips on his instead catching him by surprise.
A/N: to be fair it's over a thousand words lol I love you guys too much!