[White Roses (2 parts)]

"SSA Roberts can you come here please" a very familiar voice called out my name

I turned around to see my Dad, "Oh, Dad why do you call me by my agent name and not just Madeline?"

"Because that's not professional, Agent" He said with that 'im kidding look' 

"Oh okay, Director" Yes, my dad is the Director of the FBI. He's one of the main reasons I joined the bureau in the first place. It's great totally but it sucks when people think the only reason you're here in the first place is because who your dad is. Luckily, the BAU has never treated me that way. 

In fact, they all said as soon as I joined 7 years ago "Just because your the Directors daughter does not mean we will treat you like royalty ma'am."  Despite that sounding "rude" it's exactly what I want. 

I was practically raised in the bureau, my dad would get with his team every weekend and little me would join. This meant I already knew most of the people I was going to work with in the Behavioral Analysis Unit. 
I knew Gideon as a second grandpa and when he was still apart of the team it was no different. 
I was 15 when I met Aaron Hotchner. He acted like a older brother to me. Now that I'm on his team he's almost a father figure. 

That's right, just because it seems as though i have a great connection with my dad I really don't. It never bothered me though after all, people with daddy issues make the best profilers. 

The rest of the team I met when I joined then I met a genius named Spencer Reid 2 months after I joined the team. He continues to amaze me even after 7 years of knowing the Caltech graduate. Elle Greenaway left the team in one of the worst ways but I liked her.  Soon after she left a new goddess stepped in the doors of the BAU, Agent Emily Prentiss. She's like my sister and when she joined the team it was amazing. 

Derek Morgan is like my older brother and I'm almost sure he'd take a bullet for me. David Rossi took Gideons place as grandpa, it was always nice to have one of the OG's on the team. Last but never least, Penelope Garcia. I truly do not know what I'd do without her little comments whilst i look at some of the worst crime ever. 

"We've got a case" Speaking of the Penelope she tapped my shoulder to tell me the very thing I didn't think I'd be doing today. But that's my job.

I looked up from the case file I was finishing up from last months case and looked across my desk to see spence reading, clearly not paying attention to what pen just said. 

"Hey Spence we've got a case"
"Wha- Oh okay" 

Spence and I were best friends and I could tell him anything. It was great. 

"I like your hair today" 
"Thanks Doc but it's the same thing I've done for like the past 5 months"
"I know mads it's just nice"
"Okay Spence" 

That conversation ended when we got to the conference room. I sat down and opened my file to see where we were going. That was always my first question. As i peeled back the tan file I saw.. 

"BUFFALO, NEW YORK" 

Great. My hometown. I never like doing cases in Buffalo, don't get me wrong I love the city but it always means I have to visit my mom. Directors orders. My mom insists I need to stop working and settle down but truthfully, I DO NOT WANT TO. 

My thoughts were interrupted by Garcia 

"6 victims in the last month in our pretty girls hometown."

"Pretty Girl"  the team came up with that the same time they came up with "Pretty boy" for Spence. When they need Spencer and I they say "Pretties", I don't mind it, I actually like it. As a 5'5", toned but shaped, and pretty nice face Latina I'd say I'm pretty.