down

A/N Play it. Just play it. 

As I said before, SSA Madeline Roberts does not and did not go down that easy...

I didn't die. I was stronger than that. 

When I said "Good bye" I got out of the cuffs and raised the gun to the painting that was hanging. I wasn't gonna die today and I was right about that. 

I was able to throw the gun on the floor and shift the chair back to knock Christian to the ground. I used my heels as an advantage and pinned him down by the crotch. Felt weird as hell but it worked. I didn't want to let him know about the gun that rested on my ankle. 

He was able to force me off of and against a wall. Turns out he had an extra gun too. He pinned me against the wall. I made sure to keep eye contact with him. In that stare I was able to slowly bring my ankle up and pull my gun out and held it towards him against my hip. 

I shot him in the leg only to bring him down. He used his gun as well, he missed me. As he laid on the ground I pushed his gun away and got on top of him pointing my gun at his neck. I looked him in the eyes, he was powerless, he hated it. I spoke

"Christian Louis you tried to go against a top FBI agent what did you think was gonna happen? I, Madeline Roberts, am stronger than you, and I always will be."

He reached for his pocket and pulled out a syringe. I shot him. I killed Christian Louis. I sat there next to his lifeless body just hoping those women were safe. 

-Reid's Pov-

I thought it was over. I thought I had lost Maddy. I shut my eyes when I heard the gunshot. I didn't want to see the life drained out of her. Then when I opened them she was fighting. That badass was fighting the man that had a gun to her head. 

When she got on top of him and I saw the syringe get pulled out of his pocket, I only hoped she felt him reach for it. She did, and she killed him. 

I'd never been happier. She got out of this alive. I knew that I could have a future with her still in it. That's all I needed. 

-Madeline's Pov-

I noticed a cell phone on the table and slowly walked towards it, the drugs still in my system from earlier. 

"Garcia I'm gonna turn this phone on and you're gonna trace it okay?"

I heard her sniffles so I comforted her through my ear piece, "I'm okay garcia. You know it takes a lot more than that to kill me"

"Okay... Green means go" I could hear her smiling, it made me feel so much better. 

I turned the phone on and waited for her response

"Got it. You're not in a cabin"

Sure as hell looked like it "Where am I then"

"You're in a cabin themed hotel off the highway on the way out of Miami"

"Okay"

"We're on our way hang tight"

------------------------------------------

When the team showed up with medics I knew what that meant, I had to go to the hospital. So amazing.

I guess I fell asleep sometime when they tried to get the very addictive drugs out of my system before they really hit me. 

I woke up in the morning to a head of brown hair resting on the edge of my bed. It was Spence. 

I ruffled his hair to wake him up. 

"Well good morning sleepy head" I repeated his line from earlier

I got no verbal response but I did get a hug. It made my eyes tear up, I didn't think I'd get anymore Spencer Reid hugs for a while. 

"Madeline fuckin Roberts everyone" Prentiss came in chanting "Badass of the fuckin year"

"Prentiss, language" Hotch called out to her.  

"Hello to you too Emily" Everyone hugged me and I began to speak to them individually. 
Morgan came up first, he couldn't believe I survived. 

"Oh pretty girl you made me cry"

"Sorry Derek but I need to kick down a door soon alright?"

"Next door when you're back in the field is yours"

That's when Garcia and Emily came up 

"You bitch, you scared me" Prentiss joked

"I was bawling my eyes out" Garcia's voice still breaking from earlier

"Yeah sorry I had to make him think I was gonna let him kill me"

"I'm gonna make you a trophy that says 'Badass of the year' okay?"

"Okay garcia" She was not lying. I knew she would. 

Rossi came up holding something behind his back

"Papa Rossi"

"It may not be Pasta al la Rossi but it is very similar"

He put a small to go box on the table next to me

"I seriously love you so much"

"Save your I love you's for someone else" He said while winking

"Here's your watch back"

"Keep it"

"What"

"Keep it, I can get a new one"

"They'll let you?"

"I'm David Rossi, Maddy. Plus you need to keep it to remind yourself of the day you survived a gun barrel to your head"

"and saved 70 women" Hotch added

"They're safe?"

"Yes, Madeline you did it"

"But I didn't physically do it-"

"Whilst Christian was torturing you, SWAT was able to break in and we had an agent explain you to the women. They know you're not the bad guy"

Thank god. I didn't want to see those women and have them think I was still helping him. 

"Thank you hotch" 

Spence was the only one left that I hadn't talked to yet, yet I had the biggest thing to talk about with him. Reid came up to me and gave me a look. It was one of those "let's address the elephant in the room right?" looks. I nodded and sat up knowing the conversation I was about to have 

"We'll leave you two lovebirds alone now" Rossi said as the team left the room

I held Spence's hand as I confessed once again "Spencer I want you to know, that I'd wished I said it sooner. I may have been drugged and in a state of euphoria but, I know every word I said. It was all true. I do love you Spencer Reid, and I meant every word I said." I waited for a response...

A/N 

Madeline did not die okay!

Stay until the song finishes it's a vibe. Love you all.