unsub 1

1 month later

We hadn't had a case in a while but I still had director work. Many many requests for pay raises, I looked into it of course, if I was to give a raise to the bureau employees I could only give it to 3 of the 6 branches of the bureau. So I had to deny many requests for that. One thing I could do, make the application process easier, of course not as easy as a cop though. I seriously never understood why it didn't take longer, it takes almost a year JUST for the training of the bureau.

Anyways, I was rummaging through my desk when security came in,

"Yes"

"Package for you" This was the 3rd package in the last week.

The man said, setting a small cardboard box on my desk. I grabbed my box cutter and slit the clear tape. Inside was not what I expected, a small red velvet box with a card. "To Director Roberts" it read. Identical to the past 2 packages I'd received. I examined the box for anything suspicious, seemed safe I guess.

I opened the box slowly, a gold bullet held in the light fabric of the box. "Roberts" was scratched into the bullet. I harnessed my gun, grabbed my badge and credentials and headed to the 6th floor.

This was the 3rd bullet I'd received. The only difference is what was carved into them. They spelt out my name. The first bullet "Madeline" The second "Alexandria" and now this one "Roberts"

"Hotch I need the team in the briefing room right now"

"Got it"

The team rushed in and saw I was holding the velvet box.

"Madeline what is that?" Prentiss questioned

I opened the box and passed it to Hotch

"I don't know if this is a death threat" My eyes followed the bullet as the team passed it around "Or just a joke" I continued "I've received all of these in the past week, all in order with my name. I received the one with my last name today"

"Maddy this is a bullet to an assault rifle" Morgan added

"We need you in protective custody now" Hotch said

"NO" I explained "I need to figure out who is doing this, and if it is who I think it is"

Hotch questioned "Who"

"Jim Kals or Mia Rios" I continued as Penelope brought their pictures to the screen. I turned to the screen and spoke "Two of the most corrupt CIA agents the DOJ has ever seen."

"You think one of them is trying to kill you?" Spencer said concerned

"It would be likely" I returned

"Protective Custody now" He demanded

"Spencer can I talk to you outside"

He followed me out, I knew he would never agree but I needed him to at least know.

"Spence I need to do this"

"What get yourself killed?"

"I'm not gonna die"

"Madeline. They are sending you literal bullets, you're getting in protective custody"

"No i'm not" I said, I wasn't making eye contact with him, if I did I'd explode.

"Yes you are"

"Spencer can you accept that I don't want to?"

"No Madeline I'm not gonna let you get-"

"SPENCER. I have been through too much to sit in a room with no windows whilst you guys go out there looking for someone who's sending me bullets. This is my decision." I walked back into the conference room, the team giving me the 'everything ok?' look, I nodded and said to Hotch "I do not want protective custody"

"I understand" He nodded "Can you make this an open case?" He questioned

"Yes" I headed out and saw Spencer standing at his desk, I walked past him and to the elevator, turning around as I entered making eye contact with him through the glass doors, the doors shutting before a tear could fall.

Once I got to my office I noticed my door was open, security gone. What the fuck. I called hotch before stepping in and told him. He said to wait for them but, I couldn't. I grabbed both my guns one in my left and one in my right, and kicked my door fully open. Checking every nook and cranny before going to the main area of my office, that's when Hotch and Prentiss joined me. Holding each others backs we entered my desk area. No one. I went to my desk and checked for anything, you never know. That's when I noticed a black wallet on my desk. I opened it to see the licence, "Spencer Reid" I put my guns in my holsters and ran back down to the BAU, Reid still at his desk.

"Where's your wallet?" I questioned

"What"

"WHERE'S YOUR WALLET REID"

He fumbled in his suit pocket "It's right he- It's not here"

I held up the black wallet "On my desk, office door wide open"

We went back into the briefing room I spoke "Okay guys, I don't think this is just about me anymore. It's us. It's about us." I continued "We need to compile a list of people who know us well enough and could pull this off"

We went around the table

"Catherine Adams" Spencer spoke

"Mr. Scratch" Hotch added

"I don't have anyone"Emily added

"Me either" Rossi and Morgan hitched

"Not me sugar plum" Pen said typing away

"Jim Kals and Mia Rios" I said

Penelope spoke "Wait how did they get Spencer's wallet?"

"I don't know, I had it on me all day. I swear I put it in my pocket this morning"

"Spencer close your eyes" I said, he knew what I was gonna do, "Think back to this morning, you just strapped on your revolver, and go to reach for your credentials, where is your wallet?"

With his eyes closed he said "It's not there" He opened his eyes and looked to Garcia "Pull up my security footage in my apartment"

He had security- In his apart- Garcia needed to be careful what she showed the team.

"Here is last night" Okay thank god, I wasn't there.

The fast black and white footage flashed on the screen, we saw nothing. Until 3:43 am, Reid's front door opened. Just a hand reached in to grab his wallet.

"Can you get the hallway footage?"

"Sure thing one second" Whilst Garcia pulled up the footage, the team and I discussed.

"It would have to be someone who knows that's where you keep your wallet, and knows you have camera in your apartment" Prentiss said

"Mia Rios" I suggested

"...Yeah" Reid bit his lip, not in a sexual way, in a nervous way.

"This is officially an open case." I said

Writing on the whiteboard I said,

"Unsub 1, Mia Rios everyone" 

a/n: sorry this took a while to come out!! I needed ideas before writing a shitty chapter. 

i love u all

blm: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

abolishing ICE: https://unitedwedream.org/abolishice/
please sign at least one petition everytime you read :) you can make a difference whilst enjoying the badass madeline roberts :))))