glitter

For some reason driving to the BAU felt different. I'm the same person but I guess getting kidnapped, drugged, and beaten changes you.

When I got to the office I scanned in and walked to my desk. I saw so much paperwork. Until I saw the file that said "CONFIDENTIAL." great i had something that only i can see on my desk.
I opened the file to see a formal envelope with the Department of Justice's emblem holding it closed. Who knew a corrupt system could be so formal?

I sat in my desk chair and pulled out a beige piece of cardstock and began reading.

"Supervisory Special Agent Madeline Alexandria Roberts, your presence is requested on: November 9th, 2020 for: Director's speech. Your presentation date can not be rescheduled, you must attend this day or you will not get the opportunity again. Thank you."

Wow they're so aware of my team's strange work schedule. Sorry serial killers decide when we work. My thoughts were politely interrupted by a tap on my nose.

"Hi you" I said to the genius

"What's that"

"Confidental"

"Really?"

"DOJ's orders" I said shrugging my shoulders "Sorry doc"

He rolled his eyes and began sifting through the files on his desk when I got a text from Penelope.

Cave. now.

Jeez okay coming.

I left my desk and walked to Garcia's office when I saw her trying to reach a monitor.

"Garcia. Garcia! What's up"

"Oh you're gonna need to give the briefing today I have to set up this system. Here's the files and here is info"

"Okay....thanks"

I walked back into the office and started up this stairs when I called out to Reid and Morgan

"Briefing time boys"

We waited for the other half of the team to show up. We sparked a conversation.

"When do you go in for your director's speech?"

"That's what was confidential Spence"

"Why is a day confidential?"

"Because if somebody finds out they could kill her before she gets to give it" Morgan explained

"Since when did that happen?"

"A director to be was killed 15 years ago and then that's when the director before your dad was sworn in" Morgan said

Reid and I gave the "what the hell" looks as the rest of the team filed in

"Garcia said Roberts is briefing, correct?" Hotch questioned

"Yes I am, Okay you all are headed out to Seattle, Washington. 6 suitcases with human remains in each of them from 6 different unidentified men and women were found last night. It was found in the airport parking lot. Seattle field office requested us."

"Cameras?"

"Disabled"

"So he's tech savvy"

"Yeah"

"Any signatures?"

"Uh...a very weird one sir. Our unsub covered each body part in various colors of glitter..."

"Did you say glitter?"

"It's been removed from the remains and stored according to the dna of the remains, meaning one container of glitter corresponds to one body"