the funeral

Today is my dad's funeral. I didn't think this would happen so soon. Reid has stayed with me for the past 4 days. I used to get good morning and good night texts from my dad, I don't know why I still expected them. He was gone.

I stood in the mirror in my black clothing, I never wanted this day. Spencer came up behind me, soft spoken "Are you okay?"

I knew I didn't wear makeup for a reason. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, "No I'm not" I cried into his chest.

I hadn't spoken to anyone but Spencer since the incident, when they got to the warehouse I was bawling my eyes out. Spencer picked me up from the ground and sat me in the car. I saw my dad's gun... it hurt me knowing that if I didn't leave without the team-

"We have to go"

When we got there I saw my dad's gray casket and stopped.

"Madeline?" Spencer questioned

"I'm coming"

Everyone settled into their spot, I was to give the speech after the priest finished.

I stood up, seeing my team, my dads work friends, and some old friends

I began

"Hi everyone, I'm Madeline, my dad was just the best. He was my biggest inspiration. He was a hero to many people around the world. His death was of bravery." I swallowed my tears down "I loved him so much. I remember when I was a little girl I told him 'dad I wanna catch bad guys just like you.' I wish I could've caught his bad guy before-" I stopped and let a tear fall "I wouldn't be the woman I am today without him. It's a lot of pain realizing he won't walk me down the aisle"

I stopped for a second to collect myself "I wanted to take a second to remember the best of my dad. He had many memories with each of you. So just take this time to remember those" I said as I stepped down. Everyone dropped a rose into his grave. I was the last one to drop it. I kissed the red rose and let it fall to the cool gray casket.

"Thank you all for coming today I know would've appreciated it" I said

Everyone left but my team, they crowded around me and I spoke.

"You know, when I was 7 I think he used to take me to the snow cone shops around buffalo and we would just ask for the ice with no flavoring." I chuckled "We would go home and flavor it with like a soda or something, he always said 'why spend money on ice and extra sweet kool-aid' god I miss that"

"That sounds like Alex" Rossi said

My team left and it was just Spence and I.

"Maddy"

"Yeah"

"You're dad and I went to lunch one day together and he told me not to tell you unless he died. Madeline, he said 'if Madeline gets kidnapped one more time promise me you'll live with her. Like live together' I told him I promised it would happen. So I found an apartment 10 minutes away from the BAU. I just need approval from you and it's ours"

"Spence"

"You don't have to say yes"

"No I want to"

"Really?"

"Yeah I do"

We got up and left, I made Spence take me to the apartment. It was beautiful.

"Spencer oh my god"

"Do you like it?"

"Oh I love it"

"Your dad told me about these apartments and that if one ever went for sale to buy it immediately so I did"

"My dad told you a lot didn't he?"

"He did"

"It hasn't even been a week and it feels like he's been gone forever"

"Come here" Spence held his arms out. I went in and wrapped my arms around his lower back, his wrapping around my neck.

"So we live together now?"

"We do Madeline"

"Yay"

Spencer chuckled.

Missing my dad was a daily occurrence. Not getting random messages from him about something he saw on facebook or something he found on amazon, hurt me. This was gonna be a hard grieving but I can do it.

---------------------------------------------------------- 2 days later

Everyone in the BAU agreed to take their annual leave. Leaving Spence and I moving into the new apartment. Thank god he got one on the 1st floor and not the others. I was putting some of Spence's thousands of books on a shelf when the someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it" Reid called out

I heard mumbling and then Reid shut the door

"What was it" I asked

"Come see"

I saw the book I was holding 'The Green Mile' I tossed it to Spence whilst walking over

"In the trash you go" He said throwing the book in the trash

When I got to the kitchen I saw two styrofoam cups on the counter.

"So since you missed it so much I thought why not?" He said handing me a cup of ice from a snow cone place

"Spence this is the sweetest thing" I said hugging him

"Here you go" He said handing me a soda can "Now teach me"

"Okay so you pour and then stab it and then pour again"

"Oh okay got it"

Watching Spencer profusely stab a cup of ice was the funniest thing I'd seen in a couple days.

Spence put the cup down and walked me out to the balcony

"Put your arms up" He put his hands on my waist "See we're titanic now"

"That movie ends badly"

"Oh yeah nevermind"

He kept his hands on my waist as I lowered mine to his hands

"Spence I'm excited"

"For what"

"This life"

"Good Mads" 

a/n 

this one is short but sweet :)

i luvvv u