love

a/n okay this song is perfect for this so please listen whilst reading ~stan harry styles for clear skin~ anyways, story time

"I was really hoping you meant it Madeline"

"I did Spence" I was tearing up. Spencer just admitted it he felt the same. The man I loved, loved me back, all my wounds from Christian were healed by Spencer's next words. 

"Madeline, the day I met you I wanted to be more than friends. When I first started talking to my mom about you she- she told me to 'shut up and marry her already' as much as I wanted to, I hadn't even said anything to you. I was looking out the office window when you were taken and I wondered what you were gonna say before I said 'shh' and I just wanna know what it was"

"Spencer, I was gonna tell you I had feelings for you then. I thought you knew because you 'shh' me"

"I didn't"

"Spencer I-" I broke down. I almost lost everything. Everything I'd ever known was almost stripped away from me. I survived yeah but was I supposed to die? Did I mess up the universe's plan? No right? This was their plan, I survived and get to continue my life, right? 

"Madeline come here" 

I leaned over to him, he raised my chin with his index finger. He kissed me. It felt magical. I felt as though I was meant to. Any thought of "maybe I wasn't supposed to make it" was gone. I was supposed to make it. This was supposed to happen. 

"I KNEW IT" 

"Oh hi penelope" I said as Penelope and the rest of the team came running back into the room. No doubt they just watched that whole thing. 

"Madeline Reid, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I can see it" 

"Dad?"

My dad entered the room saying that. Who the hell told my dad? 

"I kinda called him" Reid whispered as he sat in the chair next to me

"Sweetie you just got kidnapped and you're mad I'm here" 

"No I'm not" I remembered what he said "Director" was he retiring? 

"Dad are you retiring?"

"Uh kinda.."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes" He continued "Which means, I get to put in a request who I want to take my spot"

The whole team was on the edge of their seats. Was he serious? 

"I put in my request as Madeline Roberts" 

My jaw dropped. I wasn't expecting for this to happen so soon. Was I ready? 

"You just have to give a speech to the Department of Justice's supreme, and they'll decide"

"I don't know if I want to leave the BAU dad"

"You really don't have to"

"WAIT REALLY" Not even my question, it was garcia. 

"Yes Penelope, she can be director and still work in the unit. I did for my first couple of years" My jaw back on the floor, he continued "So Madeline Roberts, can we call you director?"

I sat up in the hospital bed and looked at each of my teammates faces

I smiled "Yeah I think you can"