a night out...

Maybe I did.

"-1 new message-" my phone read.

"Who's it from?" Emily used her interrogation voice

"Spence" I said quietly

"Mhm" Penelope said as she took a bite from her now cold croissant

"Read aloud Roberts"

"Fine Prentiss..." I started off

Hey Pretty girl, are you still with the ladies?

"Wait- He calls you pretty girl too?" Pen questioned

"Yeah but the whole team does"

"He doesn't call you that infront of us"

"Sorry?"

yeah why what's up?
derek and I want to go out for a beer
tonight do you guys want to
tag along?

"Do we ladies?"

"Yeah maybe we can get you and spence drunk and go home with eachother" Emily laughed off

"Oh shut your mouth"

yeah definitely what time?

7 at 4th street bar. See you there
mads

you too spence

"Aww" Penelope chirped

"What now?"

"He didn't say 'see you guys there' he only said you"

"Okay?"

"Okay" Penelope realized I was never going to agree with them.

Emily interrupted the silence "Mall? We could get outfits for tonight, it's barely 2"

"Oooo yeah"

We jumped in Emily's car because she was the only one who drove here. Pen and I fought over the aux cord until I finally just let her have it. She typically played songs you'd sing in the shower with no shame and that's exactly what we did.

Once we got to the mall we did what any 26, 28, and 30 year old would do. We each picked a store and everyone picked out an outfit for eachother and the woman wearing it chose which one she'd wear that night. I think you know when I say Penelope and Emily wanted me to look well, in their words "to seduce spencer"

They both took in to account, Spencer's favorite color. Purple. I was gonna die tonight.

I waited in the dressing room, for the girls to come back with their "spencer seducing dresses." I liked dressing "sexy" the first rule to looking good meant feeling good and i always felt good in that clothing.

That's when the girls ran in the dressing room and handed me the two short, risque, purple dresses.

Penelope's choice was exactly what I expected from her