i will never leave you

3 weeks later

Spencer and I got 3 weeks off to do paper work and spend some time with Madeline. They caught Lindsey Vaughn, it was fairly easy. Which makes me think there's a bigger storm coming but I don't want to put that out in the universe.

Madeline was doing okay, she'd have the occasional nightmare about seeing her parents like that, but overall she was doing well.

"HELP" I heard Madeline screaming from her room

Spencer and I rushed out of bed into her room, nightmare.

"Maddy, it's me, Spencer wake up"

She woke up and wrapped her arms around Spencer. Spencer was good with this because of his mom, he was used to waking her up from nightmares, I thank god for that one.

I sat on her bed and let her lay her head in my lap, "Was it the same one?" I asked her, braiding her hair.

"Yeah, except something was different"

"What?" Spencer asked fixing her pillow

"There was someone else in the room"

"What did they look like?" Spencer asked keenly

"Long brown straight hair, girl, pretty"

"Did she look like this" Spencer said pulling out his phone, showing her a picture of Lindsey

"No not her"

Spencer and I questioned looks "Who was it Maddy?"

"I don't know, okay!" She snapped on us, it was perfectly normal

"It's okay come here," Spencer said holding out his arms. Madeline settled into his arms, he spoke to her. "What are you scared about?"

"Losing you two. You're all I have left, and I can't lose any more people I love."

"Maddy. I will never leave you. Madeline will never leave you. Okay? We will never leave you. I need you to understand this...please"

"I do"

"Good. Now do you think you can try to get some sleep?"

"Yeah I do"

Spencer settled her into bed, when he finished I walked over and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight Maddy, We love you" I said, going to turn off her light.

"Goodnight guys"

Spencer and I walked into our room when I got a call.

"Hellooo"

"Heyyy it's Pen"

"Oh hey what's up"

"So have you and Spencer decided what Madeline is gonna do when you two have a case?"

"Uh no we haven't why?"

"I have an idea"

"Shoot it"

"What if you left her with me?"

"Go on"

"When you two have a case you can drop her by my office and she can help me or I can help her with homework and stuff"

"Has Hotch approved this?"

"Actually he said you have to approve it"

"Hold on" I muted myself and spoke to spencer,

"I heard what she said"

"What do you think" I asked

"I think that would be a good idea, we'll ask her in the morning"