watch your back

I stayed in the empty office that Pen stayed in when Cat was after her. Security was "guarding" me 24/7 but uh they were just some DC cops so I slept with my gun. Spencer stayed with me, the rest of the team was to stay in hotels with security. I couldn't sleep so I got into workout clothes and headed down to the bureau gym, I needed to hit something. Someone is threatening my teams life, when I thought it was just mine It was fine I guess but now that it's the whole team, I needed to be in my top performance. After around an hour in the gym Reid walked in.

"Woah wonder woman"

"Oh hey Spence"

"Couldn't sleep?" He questioned, he walked and held the bag as I through lazy punches into it

"Yeah, it's just I don't want anyone to get hurt"

"It's the same risk we have on a normal day Maddy, we signed up for this...oh that was a good one"

I scoffed and stopped, Reid reaching in for a kiss "Reid I'm sweaty"

"Give me a kiss stupid"

I planted a small kiss on his nose "I was gonna go to the shooting range wanna come?"

"I'll meet you there I need to get my gun"

"So do I"

We headed back up making small conversation in the elevator, we walked past the cop and grabbed our guns, and headed to the shooting range.

When we finished it was around 7, we headed back to our temporary room. We shut the blinds to change into our work clothes. Reid went to change his shirt when I wrapped my arms around his toned abdomen.

"Hi Maddy"

"Hi" I said laying my head on his back

"Come here" He said letting my grip go and sitting on the air mattress

I sat, straddling his legs in between mine, I played with the curls of his messy brown hair.

"Sucks that we have to stay here"

"Yeah" I said planting butterfly kisses on his face

"Madeline I- I'm in love with you"

I melted to his words "Spence, I love you too"

We got ready and headed to the BAU, running into Emily and Derek discussing how the hotel beds are better than his apartments.

"Well hey you two" Prentiss chuckled

"Hey guys" I said

"You both look like you haven't gotten sleep" Derek added

"We didn't, we were at the gym and the range all night" Spencer said leaning back on his desk

Rossi was walking in when he spoke to me "Garcia is tracking down Mia Rios if you want to join her Maddy"

"Got it"

I walked into Garcia's office to see her screens constantly flashing, "Woah, how's it going"

"Well I think I found her"

Tracking down Mia was easy, she lived in a studio apartment and was in town yesterday. When we brought her in for questioning she gave me the most smug look, I raised my chin and adjusted my posture as she walked through out of the elevator. They cuffed her to the table as she sat, I analysed her before walking in Hotch watching through the window.

"Well hi Maddy" She smiled

"Hi Mia. Now I'm gonna cut the whole introduction thing because I know you know-"

"No I need to hear it. It's law Mads"

I scoffed "Hi Mia Rios, I'm SSA slash Director Madeline Alexandria Roberts with the Behavioral Analysis Unit apart of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Quantico, Virginia. Now I'm gonna come straight out the gate" I came closer to her face "You won't win this"

"We are gonna win this"

"We? I never said you had a team but thanks for the info"

"Okay well I know you can only hold me for 24 hours"

"I only need 4" I walked out, Hotch and I walked back into the BAU leaving her in the room.

"We know she's not working alone" Reid said as I walked in to the briefing room

I stared at the camera footage "Garcia turn it off" I couldn't look at her anymore

"Do we think Jim Kals or Cat Adams?" Emily said

"Cat isn't able to pull this off" Reid continued "...I mean she's smart but I don't think she knew about the whole Mia situation. We checked her visitor logs and letter etc. and no one has interacted with her that isn't acting law enforcement"

"Okay so Cat is off the table, that leaves Jim" I said "He's smart, hates me, and loves Mia so yeah"

"But would Jim risk his career to destroy us?" Prentiss questioned

"If he thinks he could get away with it, yeah" Rossi suggested

I walked out and went to go speak to Mia again, I brought Spencer. We were almost there when Reid stopped me, "Madeline I'm sorry for trying to push you into protective custody"

"Spencer it's okay. I get it, you're just worried, now let's go talk to her"

We got into the room to see no one, no one was in the room. We ran back into the BAU.

"Garcia cameras now" I yelled from the stairs to the briefing room "She's not in there hotch"

Hotch picked up his phone from the table "I need security looking for Mia Rios, I need an APB out right now" He said

"Garcia stop who's that?" I said seeing a figure in the footage, "Run facial recognition"

"Give it 5 minutes"

"Hotch, security status?"

"Janitor door was open, they're long gone by now"

"Great"

"Uh Madeline you're not gonna like this"

"What Garcia"

"Facial recognition recognized the face as" She popped the picture on the TV

"What the hell"

"I'm sorry Mads but my software is never wrong"

She printed out the picture and gave me a small piece of tape, I stuck it to the white board

"Who is that Madeline" Rossi questioned

"My best friend" I continued "Unsub 2, Lily Rosen" 

a/n 

woahh

this will get intense btw 
we just hit 2.4k reads like wtf?? THANK YOU SO MUCHHHH

I love reading your comments, they always make me laugh and I was wondering if you guys have any questions for me. Feel free to ask any question, personal or to do with the story, and I mean ANY question. I'm an open book baby!

Remember you are loved! I love you! YES YOU! You're a beautiful soul and deserve the whole world and much more

love, 
          K