i should've known...

Every story from the 5 different girls was nothing of what we expected. One case stuck out to me, of course each of these cases is important, but this one had something that could catch this guy.

Hailey Burns. 18 now but 16 when it happened. She was at a pool, went to the locker room to change and shower off. Then he walked in and it happened. She said she was screaming, and he didn't try to stop her. Meaning the pool had to be empty but she said there were many people there. This means he has the power to get rid of many people in 10 minutes. A lifeguard, the boss, a snack shack employee, I mean there's tens of people. He could've left that pool too.

I've gathered that he raped 6 girls in one year and did not show his face once. This son of a bitch was gonna rot. His job was the hardest to determine though.

Hailey Burns, pool.

Isabella Hernandez, park.

Kaylee Smith, running trail.

Yasmine Garcia, baseball field.

Piper Hallows, school gym bathrooms.

Tiffany Travis, highschool football game.

Then it hit me.

Who owns these things?

The city.

He works for the city, but as what specifically?

Habitat keeper.

They make sure the place stays pretty. Makes the city look good.

I turned to the phone, punching in Garcia's number.

"You think you got something Mads?" Spencer asked

"I don't know maybe"

"This is Garcia speaking"

"Hey Pen, can you give me a list and a background check on the city's habitat keepers including ex employees"

I heard her typing away, Spence realized what I did "That's how he's getting the girls in completely different spots. They're all spots owned by the city of Las Vegas. He goes around, cuts a bush or two and then finds his new victim."

"Okay I have the list, I will send it to you. I'll call you if something turns up on the background check. Garcia out"

"Only question is why was it only for a year. If he never got caught why didn't he keep going? Why has he been dormant for- what? 2 and ½ years?" Emily questioned

"He might've gotten fired" Morgan suggested

"Maybe" I said, staring at the final victims report.

"Come on kid, let's hear it" Rossi said

"Look at what he said to Tiffany Travis when he left. 'Do you think she'll like it?' I think our unsub got a girlfriend"

"Maybe he got serious with her. It's been a reasonable amount of time." Emily added

I hit Garcia's line again "Garcia narrow that list to men who are married"

"Okay I have 2 names. Tony- wait no he's hispanic"

"Does he look white though?" I asked

"No he's caramel. That leaves the crime fighters with one name Willia- Oh my god"

"Garcia?"

"Yes?"

"Were you gonna say William Kins?"

"He worked as a habitat keeper for the city, quit and then went to the police department"

"That explains why he didn't want us to investigate, and tried to pull the jurisdiction card"