emma

a/n: This whole chapter and the next will be told from Maddy's POV 

----------------------------

3 years later 

-Maddy's POV-

My dad took me to get my licence yesterday so when my parents called saying they had a case it meant I got to drive to the BAU by myself. Which meant I would be in an absolute vibe the whole time.

"Hey moooooom mom"

"Hey did you get dad's message"

"Yeah I'm leaving Emma's right now" I made friends, wow I know. After my parents died, Spencer, my dad agreed to homeschool me and personally I'm learning more than I would in the public school system. My mom thought it'd be a good idea to put me in a ballet class so I could have an outlet, she said it was important. Anyways, ballet is now my hobby and I love it. I've only been dancing for 3 years but honestly these years have been amazing.

I met Emma in ballet. She helped me learn everything I need to know coming into ballet as a rookie. Emma became my best friend. I'm with her almost every weekend and stupid me is prone to catching feelings, but that's not what we're here for right? Besides I'll probably talk to Garcia about it.

Garcia has been someone to get advice from who isn't my parents or Emma. She taught me a lot honestly, her and my mom both taught me how to use a tampon so that was an interesting day.

"Okay I left some food in my office refrigerator so y'all can eat that"

"Okay well I'll be there in 5"

"Be careful! Love you!"

"I love you too mom"

I hung up and my music resumed. I pulled into the bureau parking lot, taking my moms parking spot. You know how fucking cool it is to just be like "Yeah my mom's the director of the FBI." Its fucking great, no one fucks with me its great.

I locked my car, grabbed my pocket knife, because you know safety and all. I walked into the front office, Linda the lobby lady loved seeing me almost once a week.

"Well hello princess" This random guy was in the elevator with me

"Don't call me that. What do you want?" My mom taught me how to stick up for myself, and if you know my mom at all she knows how to do it well.

"I just think you're so pretty"

"And I just think you're being a pedo because I'm only 16 so sorry about that one"

The doors opened my mom's floor and I scanned into her office with my ID card.

"Heyyy mom...Oh hey dad"

"Hey girly" My mom said closing a case file

"So what's the case about?" I said reaching into her fridge

"Serial murders"

"Oooh. Signature?"

"Tattooed"

"With what?"

"A flame"

"Oh okay...Well I'm gonna go to Garcia's office, are y'all leaving soon?"

"In 10" My dad said

I said my goodbyes and took the stairs down, didn't need another creep.

I scanned into her office, hearing one of the best songs, Sleep Walk.

"Garcia hiii"

"Oh hello babe" She brought me in for a hug "Sit sit"

I sat and settled into the corner. She made her office comfortable ever since my mom gave her a bigger one. The door from the office opened, Morgan.

"Heyyy Uncle Morgan"

"Oh hey madalittle" Morgan made that nickname when my mom and dad took me in. Madalittle somehow worked so well.

My dad called me, why? Because he needed to make sure I made it 2 floors down.

"Hellooo"

"Hey Mads"

"What's up?"

"I was just making sure you made it to Garcia's"

"Dad I'm here and doing great"

"Okay I'm just making sure. No school until this case is over okay?"

"Thank god"

"Haha yeah of course"

"You two be careful"

"We will Maddy, okay be safe bye!"

"Bye dad!"

4 hours later

"Sooo Emma?" Garcia said leaning back in her chair

"Oh what about her?"

"Your mom said you came from her house"

"I did but we were just hanging out"

"When are you gonna tell her how you feel?"

"I don't know Pen"

"Well have you told your parents you like her?"

"They know I like girls too and they're so amazing about it. Like my dad is teaching me sex ed with both genders, and like the history of the LGBTQ+ community. My mom is totally supportive of everything, she bought me a flag the other day and helped me stitch a women loving women patch into my jeans. I know if I told them I had feelings for Emma they'd be supportive but you know it's awkward telling your parents who you have a crush on"

"Can I see a picture of her?"

"Yeah" I pulled out my phone and showed her my lockscreen "Have you not seen her?"

"I mean I looked her up but I wanted to see the picture you show people when they ask"

"When should I tell her?"

"Whenever you feel comfortable pretty"

"Okay"

I settled back in my corner. Contemplating when I would tell Emma. I mean she's lesbian too so it's not like sexuality is an issue. It's just- I don't want to lose someone who's had a huge impact on me you know? I was about to get up to go to the bathroom when I got a message

Messages: One message from 'Emma :)))'

Emma :)))

heyy beauty wyd?

i'm at the bureau, parents had a case

oooh fun do you think i can come over tomorrow?

i can pick you up and bring you here. i'm not allowed to be home alone because my parents have serial killer enemies lmao

oh yeah that'd be so fun! gn love!

gn love

"Garcia she's gonna come here tomorrow"

"Oh yay"

"I think I'll tell her then"

"OH MY GOD" Garcia ran over to give me a hug

"Okay I have to go change my tampon byee"

"Haha byee" 

a/n 

okayyyy last chapter for the day!