the end.

Director Madeline Alexandria Reid's POV

Maddy is graduating from the Bureau's academy today. I felt this day was so far away and it's here now.

"I like your hair today" Spence said coming into the bathroom

"Thanks doc but it's the same thing I've done for the past 5 months"

"I know Mads it's just nice"

"Okay spence"

Maddy walked into our room with the suit on. The same white suit I wore when I became director. She looked like a badass in it. We got it tailored to fit her body since we didn't exactly share the same genes.

"Maddy you look fucking great"

"I feel fucking great"

"You look beautiful pumpkin"

"Thanks dad. Are you guys ready to go?"

"Yeah I have to give a speech"

"Just another Friday," Spencer said, turning off the light to our room.

----------

Once we got there Spencer sat in the audience right in front of Madeline on stage.

"Good evening family and friends of the bureau, I am your Director Madeline Reid! Please call me Madeline. When I was sworn in as Director at the young age of 27 I truly had no idea what I was doing, I just knew I needed to make a difference. And now I know, after seeing these amazing agents in action, they are here to make a difference or the better. Agents, you are all stronger than your mind says you are and the bureau will show you that"

I presented each of the credentials until it came to my daughter.

"Madeline Reid" When she turned 18 she surprised us by changing her last name to Reid. Spencer absolutely loved it. "I present you, our daughter, your Supervisory Special Agent credentials. Congratulations."

-------------

Emily now being Unit chief meant Madeline got accepted into the BAU immediately. Spencer and I were at an age that felt comfortable.

I left the BAU staying as Director.

Spencer retired to teach at the Academy.

Madeline took our spots with even harder work.

My family was phenomenal.

No doubt.

The end.