director madeline alexandria roberts

I woke up and Spence was all ready, ready. How the hell? I got up into the shower and well, showered. When I got out Reid layed out all my things on the bed

"What'd you do?"

"What?"

"Why are you being so nice?"

"Because you can fire me now"

"Oh so you got jokes"

"Mhm"

I put everything on and got fully ready.

Getting ready was filled with nerves. Spencer brought his suit over this morning. When I finished getting ready I stood in the mirror.

This was really happening.

Spencer came up behind me and rested his hands on my shoulders "You look beautiful"

"Thank you"

I turned around and gave him a butterfly kiss on his cheek.

"It's 7:30, you ready?"

"Yeah" I said, nodding.

Driving there was just silent. If I spoke I don't know what would come out. As soon as we got there I was taken away from Spencer and into a room. A room with no one but an old white man, not scary at all.

"Madeline Alexandria Roberts"

"Yes"

"I will be swearing you in today, I am Harold Quince"

"Oh okay great" What kinda name?

"Nervous?"

"How could you tell"

"The knee tap"

"Oh yeah" This guy was weird but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

It turned to 8. The room was filled with media, other directors of different things such as the CIA or the DEA, and my family. I walked out to the stage and it began.

"Here today we are to appoint a new director to the FBI. Madeline Alexandria Roberts please air your speech"

"Thank you sir, I am Madeline Roberts, I've been with the bureau for 7 years in the behavioral analysis unit. I will uphold the bureau's reputation if not make it better. I've been raised in the bureau and I've seen it go through everything. I think changes still need to be made. We are not a good bureau until we are better than ourselves. I believe the different branches of the Department of Justice need to come back together." 

"We've drifted. I believe I can help fix that. Some things that I would implement as the director of the federal bureau of investigation are a better training system for our academy. It's on such a strict schedule and I think we all know that this job does not have a 'normal day in life'. Unfortunately us bureaucrats work on crime time and not a normal 9 to 5. I'm sure it's the same with the other agencies and associations." I took a break to catch my breath and started up again

"An easier way for the citizens to reach out to us. We've all seen the matters of our country. Recently an investigation against local police departments shows that the bureau should be getting 45% more cases than we do. I believe the public believes their case needs more than a cop, they should be able to reach out to us easier and not be afraid. Many more things will be coming to the bureau. I plan to make us better by reaching to citizens and making applying for the bureau easier." I continued this thought

"I believe there are many strong Men, Women, and Non-binaries that would be great additions to the bureau. The bureau will get stronger and smarter. Thank you."

"Madeline Alexandria Roberts, please place your hand on the book, and raise your right. Say you commitment"

I didn't tell the team about this, I looked where they were sitting to see confused faces.

"As Madeline Alexandria Roberts, I will take the title of Director with the strength of the bureau. I will exert fidelity, bravery, and integrity to my full power. No case will go unworked or so help me god. I accept this position."

"Madeline Alexandria Roberts I am proud to announce you as, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation"

We took a picture with the book and I walked off stage. When I got backstage I was greeted with the biggest hug from my dad.

"Dad I'm director now"

"Yes you are Maddy"

The team soon followed after him all giving me hugs and congratulations. Reid came up and gave me a small kiss on the head

"I am so proud of you"

"Thank you Spencer"

"You have to do media now" My dad pointed to the swarm of newscasters

"As long as fox news isn't in there I'll be fine"

"Good luck" The team all waited in the lobby as I answered these questions

"Director Roberts, How do you feel being the youngest and the first female director?"

"I hope I can be an inspiration to young women that your gender and your age cannot stop you from achieving your goals"

"How did you, after only working 7 years in the bureau, get this so easily?"
"You know I couldn't answer that but I'd like to know too"

"How did your dad feel about you taking his spot?"
"I'm pretty sure he liked it. We have different views on things but I think he knows I'm here to change things for the good"

"Was this your goal? And if so what happens after this?"
"This has been one of my dreams since I was a child and to answer that second question I don't know yet. I've never really thought about what is after this"

I was pulled out by an agent, thank god "Thank you so much"

"The fellow directors would like to meet you"

"Oh okay"

I analysed this guy more. He wasn't an agent, he was secret service. Is this how I have to travel now?

"Hi I'm Director Jim Kals of the Central Intelligence Agency"

"Madeline Roberts" I stuck my hand out for a shake "Nice to meet you"

"Hey, Director William Heroes of the Drug Enforcement Association"

"Madeline Roberts, pleasure to meet you"

We all interacted and got to know each other when I noticed something.

I was the only woman in that room.

That needs to change and fast. 

a/n

she's director noww!!!

ways u can help blm: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/