dreams

It being the day before I get sworn in to my spot as director meant I was as stressed as one could be.

"Madeline stop pacing"
"Reid don't tell me what to do.....I'm sorry"
"Hey hey hey don't apologize. I get it"
"Thank you"

The team wanted to have a get together at my apartment tonight. I said yes not knowing how many tears I would shed that night. Seeing my team and my dad in my apartment before one of the biggest days of my life felt nice. My mom and I still haven't talked since I told her off. I don't care, she's missing this, I'm not.

When the team showed up I was already tearing up.

"Woah Maddy it's okay" My dad called out

The team each made their toasts to me along with a gift, these were the moments I wanted to remember.

"I'm going first Alex" Rossi called out to my dad "Madeline, I am so happy to see you step into the Director position. Seeing you go from this small" He held out his hand to his hip "and now seeing you at 26 and already achieving one of your biggest dreams, I'm so proud of you"

He walked to the table where he set his gift "Madeline because you are royalty now" He made a face "You are going to be sworn in, in a designer outfit"

"Rossi you did not"

"Oh but I did"

He let me see the pant suit. It was white with gold accents to fit the bureau colors they recommend. On the right chest part was an emblem. The bureaus. On the cuffs of the blazer was "ROBERTS" in white.

"Rossi I hope you know how powerful I'm gonna feel in this"

"Why do you think I got it? Reid gave me your size so no need to worry about last minute adjustment."

"Why didn't you just get a bureau locksmith and sneak in here"

"Really Mads?" Reid said

Once I finished thanking Rossi my dad stepped in front of the team. He was tearing up. Great here come my tears.

"Madeline I just- I'm so proud of you" My dad broke but could still form words somehow "You seize to amaze me everyday and Garcia showed me the videos of the mission and Madeline sometimes your shit talking is too much. I love you so much sweetie. I wouldn't want anyone else to take this. So to make this more official open your gift"

He handed me a rather large box and I opened it to see

My name plate, that read "MADELINE ALEXANDRIA ROBERTS"

My new ID with my picture that almost looked identical except for the yellow corner that holds your title. Before it said "SSA" this new ID says "Director"

My new credentials with everything but instead of just director it says "DIRECTOR/SSA: Madeline Roberts"

I held the ID and shed a couple tears as I hugged my dad. All my dreams were coming true.

"It may not be official through law yet but on paper tonight at 12 you'll legally be director" My dad said while wiping off my tears

Once I was done losing my mind over my new items Penelope got up

"Okay Maddy so I know as director you can make changes so can I get a bigger office?" We laughed as she continued "No no I'm kidding but I remember I first met you I asked what your dream was and you said to be director and seeing you achieve that makes me so happy and I get to say my best friend is the youngest director in history. Now when I visited you in the hospital I said I'd make you a trophy"