lavender and gold

I ran out of the interrogation room, Hotch giving me a warning look.

"Madeline yo-"

"Hotch talk to me on the jet, she's in DC"

We walked out of the room meeting with the rest of the team, I started making orders, am I unit chief? No but there is a little girl out there in an abandoned building that's probably filled with the homeless. "We have to fly back to DC right now. She's in my old apartment that I used to live in with Jake. He said that they're selling the building so that means homeless have gotten into it. Not that they're all dangerous, that's not what I'm trying to say, but she could be in serious danger if there's a creep. Emily I need you to get the parents they're gonna come with us." I looked at Hotch, I thought that I probably offended him until he noticed the team was just standing there waiting for his call. He looked up from packing his stuff "What are we doing? You heard her"

"Got it sir" They all repeated packing up.

"Emily I'll get your stuff, get the parents in an SUV" I called out to her

After packing up Emily and I's stuff I typed Garcia's number into the conference phone.

"My loves?"

"Yeah Garcia I need you to tell the pilot we'll be there in," I took Spencer's wrist gently in my hand "20 minutes"

"Gotcha pretty girl"

"Thank youuu" I hung up with a smile, Reid giving me a questioning look, "What? I haven't been called that in a while"

"What's it been like an hour?"

"Shut up" I said planting a soft punch on shoulder, Spencer responded with the most dramatic look.

I rode in the SUV with the parents, Rossi, and Reid. Hotch, Prentiss and Derek in the other. Sydney Robertson began to speak to us, "Are we sure she'll be there?"

"Well after the nice little beating Madeline gave him I'm certain she will be" Rossi replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

Sydney gave me a concerning look and I gave her the 'a later time' look.

Rossi decided to spark a conversation considering the drive is a little long, "So have you two decided on wedding colors?"

"Wait, you two are getting married?" The father asked

"Uh yeah Spencer and I are"

"Congratulations!" They both said

"Thank you" Reid and I replied

Rossi cleared his throat "Ehm colors? I need to know what color suit to buy"

"Oh god Rossi, uh" I looked at Spence "We're thinking lavender and gold"

"Oh that's gonna be beautiful" Sydney commented

"Thank you" I said

"Where did those colors come from?" Manuel Robertson asked

"Uh both of our favorite colors are purple, but we thought purple would be too... you know not wedding like and gold is just a complementary color" Reid explained

"Wait so you two have been planning a wedding and catching serial killers?" Sydney questioned

"Uh yeah pretty much"

"We're here" Rossi called out

We hopped out the SUV and walked up the jet stairs. As Madeline's parents settled on the couch and the team and I sat in the chairs, discussing.