🏀05🏀

Day 7

"Gogin! I'm open! Pass!" Yoongi, drenched in sweat was in fact open, two players double teaming on Jungkook causing that.
Being a few feet away, Gogin could've done a bounce pass, giving Yoongi the upper hand to run down and make a layup, or back up and make a jump shot three pointer.

He did neither though, refusing to pass the ball. He was cornered, and the ball was eventually taken from him, everyone running backwards to the other side of the court.

Yoongi glared at him, but quickly focused back onto the game. Yoongi follows the ball while guarding his player, refraining him from getting to the ball.

Seeing an open spot, Yoongi ran across court, shooting his hand out and under players, stealing the ball quickly.

Before anyone could react, he ran down court, the brown ball making a hard sound against the floor every few seconds.

At a steady pace, he ran down the left side of the court, raising his hand, pushing the basketball up from his finger tips and into the net, making a swish sound.

The ball dropped before Yoongi, the loudness of the audience deafening out the sound of the ball. Yoongi hit the ground a second later, his shoes making no sound.

The buzzer rang, leaving the away team stunned. Yoongi's team won, 11:10. It was a close game, though it would've ended sooner if Gogin was cooperating.

Yoongi doused down his water bottle, trails of it leaving his mouth, taking the path of running down his neck. Yoongi stopped to take a deep breath, opening his eyes to see Jimin standing in front of him.

He was startled. He didn't show it though, the small twitch of his finger being the only thing that would give it away.
"Hey, he said, breathing in deeply through his nose, trying to stop his racing heart.
"Hey." Jimin responds dryly, no emotion on his face.

Yoongi was totally confused.
"Uh, is there a reason you came here-"
"Good game. I was watching you. Gogin wasn't playing correctly and you never lost your temper. You didn't take you eyes off of the ball either, while paying attention to your teammates. You're a great captain." Yoongi had no words.

His cheeks were red, worse than before, his voice gone. Breathlessly, he spoke.
"Uh thank you, I never though that you'd pay attention to that kind of thing anyway. It's also my responsibility to do all those things as captain, but I'm more passionate about the sport than others."

"You don't expect that kind of thing because you don't know me. I'm very observant."
I could only stare at him in wonder.
"I admire that passion of yours, keep it up."

After that he walked away.

//

Lynn~~