🏀020🏀

Day 29

It's Monday, the day of the game.
The pain from his injuries were mostly gone. In the three days of recovery he had, the extra ice packs the nurse gave him helped a lot.

Most of the bruises were yellow, while the one on his eye was still a light purple. It was after school, and Yoongi was putting his arm compression sleeves on, along with a compression sleeve on his right leg to cover the bruises more.

Jungkook came over and patted Yoongi on the back, earning him a smile. This morning he took two pain relievers for his injuries just In case. He definitely didn't want to be the weak link on the court, especially as captain.

The coach called everyone out of the locker rooms for the line up, and as Yoongi stood up he felt light on his feet. With a stern expression on his face, he gathered everyone up before they all went out.

"Look. I may need a little bit of extra help in this game alright? This team is tough. I've seen them play. They won't hesitate to get rough, so expect a few injuries. I'll talk to you guys about the game plan out there, we need to work together more than usual."

"Yes captain!" A smile was displayed on my face, and I walked behind the team along with Jungkook.
"Yoongi, you are so inspirational I might just fucking cry." Yoongi rolled his eyes at Jungkook's fake tears.

"You good?" At Jungkook's question, Yoongi didn't hesitate to laugh. "Of course I am. I'm pumped." With a nod, Jungkook let the topic go.

After the lineup Yoongi shook hands with the captain of the other team. He sneered at him, and Yoongi grinned. They then huddled up with the coach. He had a clip boar in his hand along with a pen. He handed it to Yoongi, who nodded back.

"Alright team! Now, we're playing on right side, and we're on defense first. I'll be saying numbers instead of names, so make sure you're paying no attention."

"Yes captain!"
"Alright. 24, you'll be at the top so you can be on whoever is dribbling the ball as soon as they pass the half court line. 26 and 37, you'll both be on the edge near the baskets. 52, at the free throw line. 38 and 12, each of you be next to 52 but a little ways back."

Yoongi looked up, and expectantly the team nodded their heads.

"Once they come down don't move until 24 does. Make sure to guard the basket at all costs, but if the ball is near you try and take it. Do not hesitate. If you do get the ball, pass it to 24 to make it down court and do a lay up. Got it?"

The buzzer rang, and everyone except six players sat down. They made their way on court, and the game begun.

//

Fun fact, I played basketball ever since fourth grade and stopped in seventh.

Next chapter is going to be a basketball chapter, but there will be some Yoonmin.

Lynn~