Chapter 11 - "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Lukas

Word travels quickly at Prepsworth, especially to me, and that was why I heard that Jake and Rose were together in less than five minutes. I decided to wait in the hallway for him, knowing he would start walking to class early, something he always did when something good happened, of his silly, adorable, stupid quirks that he had. I decided to wait for him in the hallway, and was sure to spread the word around so everyone could see what a manipulating, lying, backstabber he was. When I saw him walking down the hall, a stupidly happy smile plastered across his face, I marched up, fuelled by anger and rage

"You lying little snake! You think you can get away with this? Well you're not!"I screamed, hearing my words echo through the hallway, and punched him in the stomach, hard. He doubled over and groaned before charging forward and head butting me, out of instinct more than anything else. I let out a scream of rage and kicked him in the stomach repeatedly. He was right in front of me, cowering and weak. Rose was looking shocked and a bunch of random people in the hallway were cheering me on, adrenaline pumping because of the fight. was just preparing to smash his nose in when Dylan and Elle dragged me back, holding my arms behind my back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked angrily.

Are you crazy? You could get expelled for this!" he continued, but anger was pulsing through my veins and I found myself hating him.

"You're no angel yourself Dylan, you're just trying to impress your little girlfriend here. " I spat, jerking my head towards Elle. Dylan glared at me, his emotionless eyes suddenly angry.

"You're just bitter that Jake is finally happy and you know what? I think you're jealous that Jake's with Rose and you aren't, because you know you might never get her back" Dylan replied, equally as viciously.

"As if!" I snarled, pulled my arms free of Elle's and Dylan's grip and sprinted down the hallway, still filled with emotion.

I leapt down the stairs that lead to the dance rooms and ran into Room One. The truth was, I didn't know why I had been so violent, sure I'd gotten into a few punch ups but Dylan was my friend and Jake used to be my closest friend. A twisted thought wormed it's way into my brain, and I wondered if he'd played me to get closer to Rose. The thought of it made me sick with rage and hate. "He betrayed me, he betrayed me, he betrayed me...." The words echoed through my mind and each sentence was like a punch to the gut. The words were ugly and bitter, souring my mind. He betrayed me, used me, but why?

"Am I really that...that...stupid, horrible, cruel...and cowardly?" The words came tumbling out of my mouth as I screamed in frustration, anger, and sadness, all of my emotions mixing together in a feverish yell.
"No." her voice carried across the room easily, even though it was spoken quietly. A voice which brought back memories of hate and pain. A voice that gave me hope, a voice that reminded me of love, however twisted it was.

"Rose." I said bitterly, without turning my head. I was sure she was here to gloat over me, to laugh at how stupid I had been and to smirk at my moment of self-weakness. In a second she was by my side, forcing me to my feet.

"Don't doubt yourself. Doubt doesn't suit you." Rose told me, reassuring me in a way that only she would. Rose saw my lack of reaction and cocked her head, trying to read my face.

"Fine, I'll be serious. You're not stupid, horrible, cruel or cowardly, and you know it. You're smart, funny, maybe a little cold at time and far too brave and headstrong for your own good." Rose said sincerely.

"Rose what are you doing?" I asked, trying to sound hostile but my voice catching on the you. Rose's face contorted into an expression of sadness and her lip curled.