Chapter 69 - "It's not a prison break - yet."

Tom

"She is not joining us!" I exclaimed, glaring at Natasha, who was standing at the other end of the classroom.

"She is, that was always part of the plan." Lily argued.

"You said before that Harry couldn't tell her anything because then she'd incriminate Emma. You made that up just then!" Lily shrugged, looking at me a little apologetically.

"I didn't realise what a valuable asset to the team she'd be once she was standing right in front of me.. Seriously, take your hatred hat off, and realise how having a journalist on the team, an investigative journalist no less could be immensely helpful." Lily said.

"Uh, she wants to be an investigative journalist." I murmured.

"Don't you read any of her articles? She actually is." I mean, yeah, but only to point out the mistakes in them.

"No. Clearly not. But, whatever. She's useful, I get it. But why does it have to be her? I asked.

"I told you and besides, she's friends with Millie." Lily added, glancing over at Millie and Natasha talking. I followed her gaze and frowned.

"Are you jealous?" I asked. Lily laughed coldly.

"Of Natasha? Of course not. People can just be friends Tom, plus, not everyone's as possessive as you." Lily answered, glaring at me.

"That's not true. If anything, I was distant!" I protested.

"So, what's the point. You're an awful boyfriend? We all found that out a while ago."

"Okay, you can stop insulting me now." I exclaimed.

"But it's so fun. You practically give the insults to me. Anyway, she's staying. End of story." Lily said.

"But, I'm a part of the team too. You've got to listen to my concerns." I protested, although half-heartedly. Lily rolled her eyes at me and I sighed..

"'But I'm a part of the team too!' I know you're only protesting because you're in denial that you and Natasha meant to be together." Lily said, mocking me.

"We? Uh, no. That's? You're. I-. No." I babbled. By the time I'd managed to string a sentence other than no, no and no together in my head, Lily was already walking to the front of the classroom and leaning against a desk, pulling down a spotless whiteboard.

"Wow, we really have all a lot of the fancy equipment, don't we? We're almost as well equipped as the police." I exclaimed, my voice dripping with sarcasm. Lily couldn't just throw out what she said and leave. I needed to show that I wasn't affected.

"Can you just shut the hell up!" Lily exclaimed.

"Now I see why he doesn't have any friends!" Natasha quipped. I sighed and sat on a desk.

"Fine then, detect away." Lily acknowledged my surrender with a smile.

"I think I will."

Dylan

Lily got a black whiteboard marker and began scribbling across the board.

"Why can't we just use a computer?" I asked.

"Never leave a trail." Tom and Natasha exclaimed simultaneously, before turning to glare at each other.

"Wow, they really are meant to be together." I joked.

"The greatest love story of our time." Millie said, laughing. Lily turned back to us, pointing a massive word in the centre.

"Why?" Lily read out, before pointing at a numbered sequence of events.