Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Meet You

"Economic indicators allow analyzing economic performance and predictions of future performances while the economic performance is the basis of whether the government and the various sectors are performing their duties and functions."

Tahimik ang buong klase habang nakikinig sa professor. Tahimik nga 'yung iba pero panay naman ang hikab dahil sa antok.

"Based on David Ricardo's law, which is LDMR, it has two concepts wherein due to the use of natural resources. The natural resources are depleted, and the other one is that excessive consumption of products leads to apathy." I nodded and wrote the keywords on my scratch paper.

I took a glance at my seatmate named Loa. She has natural curly waves and a tan skin tone. She has a perfect body, but unlike me, who is introverted, she's more energetic and competitive.

To be honest, the first day of classes is tough. I'm having a hard time approaching my classmates when it comes to group activities. I think those people who are in their comfort zone can relate to me.

Nananahimik lang naman ako sa isang tabi at magsasalita lang ako kapag tinatanong ako ng mga kaklase ko.

"Next is the trade surplus and the trade deficit." Lumingon sa bawat kanto ng silid ang guro pero sa huli ay sa akin dumako ang tingin niya.

"Ms. Fontanilla," tawag sa akin ng professor na dahilan para tumayo ako. 

I bit my lower lip when all their attention shifted to me, but I tried to maintain my composure to answer the professor's question.

"Do you have any idea about the trade surplus and trade deficit since you have a shipping company?" the prof asked, the reason why my lips parted, trying to gather the words that I will say.

"S-Sir, the trade surplus is a positive net balance of trade while the trade deficit is a negative balance of trade." Nagtama ang dalawang kilay nito kaya nagsimula akong mataranta. Mali ba ang sagot ko?

"Elaborate it more," he ordered. Habang patagal ng patagal akong nakatayo ay mas lalo akong natataranta lalo na't nasa akin ang atensyon nila. Kumalma ka, Eliza.

"F-For a simple meaning, Sir, trade deficit occurs when the import is greater than the export while the trade surplus occurs when the export is greater than the import products," I explained and I think he got what I meant. 

I let out a deep breath as I sat and massaged my ego. It's bothering me that I'm having a hard time at school. Every time I'm being asked to recite, it gives me anxiety.

"Are you sure about that?" Loa approached me, and it felt like something suddenly blocked my throat from speaking.

Mabilis ang pagkurap ng mga mata ko habang hinihintay niya ang sagot ko. Naisara ko ang kamao ko dahil sa inis na ganito ang nararamdaman ko sa tuwing may gustong magtanong sa akin.