Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Shoot

Desmond's POV

"Shoot it!" Dad commanded the reason why I focused and pointed my gun at the bottle that was far away from me.

I can feel my knees trembling, and I'm sweating buckets already, but I have to do it to become a policeman.

Pasalamat pa nga ako na tinutulungan niya ako at hindi naman siya umaangal sa kagustuhan kong maging isang pulis dahil alam niyang kailangan rin namin 'yon para sa proteksyon namin.

I'm their only child that's why I'm doing this. If I want to be a policeman, I must learn.

After I finish college, I will immediately enter NPTI to train there. I know my plans to become a police officer, and all I need to do is to strive harder.

I want to be a police officer not only to protect the country from immorality but also to guard my family.

"Shoot it!" Daddy shouted, which is why I fired the gun, and some birds flew in the sky. I almost closed my eyes when the gunfire filled my ears, making the fine hairs at the back of my nape rise.

Nandito kami sa isang malawak na field kung saan ako lagi nag-eensayo. Binili ni Daddy ang lupang 'to para sa akin, para tulungan ako sa paghawak ng baril. Ako lang ang nag-iisang anak niya kaya natural na sa akin ang mga ginagawa niya.

Binuksan ko ang mga mata ko at nakita ko ang basag na bote na tinamaan ko. Mahina akong natawa dahil kahit may bahid ng takot ay natamaan ko pa rin ito.

"Nice, Desmond!" My father tapped my back, which made the corners of my lips curled up.

"You're totally improving." Tinanggal ni Dad ang kanyang salamin at nanliit ang mga matang tiningnan ang mistulang nawalang target.

"I told you, Dad, I will train until I can protect you from bad people," I said to him, and he just smirked at me. Bad people? Sino ba ang masamang tao dito?

"Yeah, you should protect us and our business," he muttered and put his glasses on.

"Let's go. I think your mother is already waiting for us for dinner." I just nodded and followed him, but the last thing he said was stuck in my mind.

You should protect us and our business, Desmond.

His guard gave him the pipe he always used, and he even sighed when he sniffed the smell of it.

My father is a smoker, and even I told him that it's bad for his health, he won't stop because it makes him relax.

His van is filled with the scent of this mint smell, and I can't help but love it because it gives me relaxation.