Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Traitor (R-18)

Eliza's POV

As I stepped inside the room, I could feel my body shiver, and my throat was dry. The robe is gliding its texture through my skin, and the smell of the room almost captivated my sanity.

I sighed when I saw buildings and lights were playing in my eyes, but I was stiff as I saw my husband sitting in front of the scenery, having his deep thoughts.

I'm already married but not to the person I loved. As I saw Morde being the best man at the wedding, pain crawled like poison, and I just wanted to run away because I can't handle him seeing that I'm getting married to his best friend.

I closed my eyes, and the scene started to draw in my mind. Morde was there, enduring the pain while watching me getting married to his best friend.

I was dazed when I saw Desmond wearing a bathrobe and inside of it is a white shirt and jogger pants.

As I darted my eyes to him, his innocence towards loving me made me feel like I sinned. He has no idea what I need to let go of for the sake of him and our company.

Please love my son, Eliza. Muli kong narinig ang sinabi ni Tita Diana sa aking isipan habang nakatingin pa rin kay Desmond. She pleaded for her son, and all she wanted is for Desmond to be happy even though it's just an arranged marriage.

When he already filled our glasses, his gaze shifted towards me, and his hazel eyes sucked me into its depth. He gave me a sweet smile that I don't deserve, but I managed to plaster a smile.

"Come here." His gentle voice made my muscles tense. Nagawa kong umupo sa sofa at gumilid ang mga mata ko nang tumabi ito sa akin. Inabot niya sa akin ang baso ng wine kung.

"Thank you," I mumbled. My voice seems rattled, the reason why I took a sip on the wine Desmond gave to me while looking at the buildings and lights that are playing in my eyes.

He chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair. "I can't believe that I'm already married," he muttered with his lips curled up.

I'm out of words. I don't know what to say because I'm already crippled with anxiety.

I wanted to run away with Morde, but I couldn't because I promised my uncle. I promised that I will handle my dad's company that he worked hard for years. I became selfless even though the person that I love is hurting.

"But I will do what we talked about, Eliza," he remarked, and my forehead automatically creased.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Tumikhim siya. "Natandaan mo ba 'yung sinabi mo sa akin na puwede bang ituring pa rin kitang kaibigan kahit na kasal na tayo?"

Naalala ko nga ang pinag-usapan namin ni Desmond pero sumagi naman sa isipan ko ang sinabi ni Tita Diana.