Fifty Three

"Wake up, Zoelle.You need to wake up."

"Aine?Save me."

"I can't.You are the only one capable of saving yourself.You are me now.Let my blood and energy flow into your system.Accept me as a whole and you'll be able to change the whole world."

"N-no.I can't be you.My mother did not kill me."

"Accept me,Zoelle."

"I told you, I can't!"

"You are my reincarnation.Help the world for you are the goddess of change, the sole saviour." 

"Stop it!Stop."

"You need to believe.Do it before it's too late."

I don't want to believe Aine.I really can't.Besides,this is too much to handle.She is telling me that I am the only one who can save the world from evil and for me, that is surreal.Whenever I look at the mirror, I just see a woman who can't save herself from grave danger,  someone who is weak, someone who..........can't save the world.

I am not the sole saviour, not Aine, not Zoelle...maybe I'm just Isabella in a dream after all.

"So now you're awake." I opened my eyes and about to shield it from the painful light, just to find out that my hands are bound to a filthy-looking bed and they are really smart for putting gloves in my hands. I squinted my eyes for a second and then it slowly adjusted to the light. There, I saw Diana with Nia....and Altheia.

"So how was it? Is the abduction experience fun?" It was Altheia who asked. Natawa ako and I made sure that my laugh is loud as fuck.

"Holy crap! It was definitely fun but bitch, where in the hell did you get this bed from? It sucks!" Nilapitan ako ni Nia and she suddenly slapped me hard that I felt the pain in my cheeks. I was taken aback pero hindi ko pinahalata yung gulat ko. I looked back at her smiling.

"That was an outstanding acting from you. Tell me, who taught you how to be a two-faced bitch? Because I, a hundred percent, fell for it. Gusto kitang palakpakan but unfortunately, my hands are tied. If you want someone to applaud you because no one apparently wants to, well I volunteer. Just untie my---" She slapped me again but this time it's harder. I just shrugged.

I'm already numb.

All the pain and bittersweet experiences I've carried throughout my life are way more painful than these slaps. This is nothing.

"Stop slapping her, Nia. I need her awake." I smirked at Nia. Wala siyang nagawa kung hindi ang lumayo at magpigil na saktan ako.

"It's just a slap. How can she---" Altheia shuts Diana.

"Trust me. You don't want Nia to slap you the third time." The devil then smiled at me that later turned into a smirk.

She needs me  awake? Well...I should sleep then.

"Tyrone? I'm tired of being chased by the demons and being a goddamn damsel in distress. If you can hear me, stop looking for me. I'll try to find my way out."

I paused for a second. Thinking what to say next because talking to Tyrone in this situation is hard. I really don't want to hurt him because he might do reckless things and I don't want that. I want him to live his life, with or without me and I want him to be safe. I will always love him no matter what but I am not sure if I can live for him because my life is meant to end at some point.

I always find myself running away from death or being saved by those precious people but something is just wrong, like my life is not meant for me and it's just a product of revenge, atonement, anguish, and...sin.

"Ty, thankyou...for everything. I love you."

"Zoelle! Wait for me, love. Okay?"

My mind disconnected but my heart will never. It will always be him.

Him.

"Don't you dare sleep." My eyes remained close. I cursed myself for letting some tears escape from my eyes. That's the last thing I want to do right now, showing any weakness.

"Diana, wake her up." I heard Nia then a grunt from Diana.

"Why me? Can't you do it yourself?"

"Do it or I'll slap you."

"Fine." I heard heavy footsteps approaching me. I felt another slap, it's not that hard but I pretended to pass out.

"Why did you do that?!" It's Altheia but her voice is deeper but loud that it echoes through the room. Then I heard Diana doing this weird sounds...oh.

She's being choked to death by Altheia. How unfortunate. Karma it is.

"I need her awake so I can get my sister back! I need her awake because I need the power in her body and I can only get that if she's fcking awake! How stupid!" I chuckled in my mind. They are both stupid. I'm really good at acting and should participate in a Sleeping Beauty play because for sure, I'll rock the show.

"Altheia please don't kill her." I can hear the fear in Nia's voice but she's lucky that she did not stutter.

"Don't tell me what to do! I'll burn her in hell." That are the last words that I heard before I was really pulled by sleep.

Who is the real enemy?

Is it the demons? Is it Aine? Or is it myself?

Am I Isabella? Zoelle? The daughter of Artemisia? A reincarnation of Aine? The sole saviour?

Who am I really?

Is this even the reality or just a series of thoughts?

Am I even real? Or am I just being controlled by something greater?

"DON'T YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON HER!" I forced myself to open my eyes. I heard my mother, that is truly her. Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali.

"Mother." I tried to shout but my body is feeling weak. I don't know but I think they injected something on me again.

I locked eyes with my mother and I saw her eyes filled with tears but full of anger and hatred. I shook my head. I don't want her to fight the queen of hell. I don't want any of them to fight her. She's too powerful and they might get killed.

"Zoelle!" I looked at Tyrone and saw him crying. I badly want to run towards him and wipe his tears but I'm bound into something...no, someone's controlling me and stopping me from doing any movement.

"Zoelle! Zoelle! No! Not her! Please! Please!" Angel and Mori...

I heard an evil laugh at my back. I can feel her breath on my neck.

"Not my daughter you evil b*tch!" I looked at my mother and her eyes assured me that everything will be alright. Then pain started to engulfed my whole body. She's taking my powers away.

So this is what the dream feels like. It's constant pain and the sudden desire for death.

"Live for us...please. We will always save you because you are worth saving for, love. You mean so much to us. So please....live."

I closed my eyes. Those words are enough to keep me fighting for my life, for my love, for my family, for my world. These demons and the queen of hell will surely see heaven breaking the hell.

Aine.