Chapter 13

| A very surprising and one sided announcement from the one and only cheeky man |

After I dressed myself, the three of us sat on the couch. On my right sat Linjie showing an expression of black face and beside her is the gloating Ming Chen.

Ming Chen's condo is actually neat and minimalistic. It wasn't rowdy and messy like I thought it would be. Maybe artist are really different from normal people.

Linjie decided to seat between us in fear of Ming Chen's claws, it isn't really the best way since he can still see me from his tall stature.

"Hao Ming Chen! Stop staring at Mian Mian!"

I just told her my name after the fight between her and Ming Chen ended. I think I like Linjie now since she can put up with this cheeky and rather childish Ming Chen.

Thankfully, it managed to draw her attention away from the annoying look of Ming Chen.

"I can't, it's been a long time since I've taken a good look at her" I don't know whether to cry or laugh at his cheesy words then he added more. " So Lingjie, don't be such a lightbulb"

"You're a lightbulb! Your whole family's a lightbulb, even your dog's a lightbulb!" She exploded in anger while I tried to stop the incoming laugh that's threatening to come out of my throat.

Ming Chen happened to see my face and smirks before continuing.

"Linjie, I'll invite you to our wedding ceremony after we talk okay? Just be sure to bring some red packets, fill them up too"

This shameless rogue! He didn't even confess, didn't ask me to be his girlfriend not propose to me! Now he just jump into the wedding ceremony! This shameless rogue who only know how to seduce men and women to do his whims!

Hmph! See if I don't settle you tonight- wait, that sounds wrong but whatever!

"What?! You two are already engaged?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Linjie shrieked as she looks at the two of us with wide eyes, I would laugh at her if it wasn't for my rage.

"We're not even a couple!" I gritted and said those words earning a retort from Ming Chen and a confused look from Linjie.

"Yet, so Linjie, please, let us have a talk with just the two of us. Who knows? Maybe she'd agreed to my proposal"

This shameless- how can he say those words without a shred of shame! Argh! Though his words made me feel a teeny weeny bit happy, I wasn't happy about his one sided decision.

"Fine! Just- be on time! You still need to attend the set for Happy camp! I'll see you there!"

She looks defeated, now I feel pity at her since I knew how exhausting it is to be in the same space as Ming Chen.

Wait! Happy camp? That's like my favorite show! He's going there, man, he sure is popular. With that thought, I can only envy him on the sidelines, celebrities are really living the life.

"Bye Linjie! Don't forget your red packet- ow! What was that for Feng-er!" I shut him of with a glare after rubbing my red hands from hitting his head.

This bird brain oaf! I really ought to kick him in his shin. Yes I love this guy but seriously, he's a pain in the ass.

"Okay, okay! I'll leave now! Be on time and don't bully Mian Mian or else I'll be there to smack you in your face!"

I giggled at the end and heard the door closed and at that moment, Ming Chen moved like a cheeta and stared straight at me.

"So, let's talk?"

Goodness, I dreaded that word.

I merely nod, afraid that my voice would tremble from his engrossed look. He smiled and his eyes form a half-crescent moon that made him look childish and charming at the same time.

I cough once more earning a raise of breow from him. He was waiting and I think I knew why. Gosh, why do I have to be the one- fine, I'll do it!

He wanted to know and hear my true feelings so I'll tell him straight without fear.

When I look at his eyes, I feel like the past didn't happen. That our goodbyes were merely greetings and that we were never separated.

The look on his eyes raised memories from my head, memories that I thought I completely erased from my head.

But in reality, all those memories would fade but my feelings would remain like a tattoo that's forever etched in my heart.

So I simply smiled at him, smiled at his patience and his feelings that lasted for years. A touch of smile graced upon his lips as I lean closer to him till I could feel the warmth emanating from his body.

I thought I'll say such cheesy words enough for those in the entertainment world and literary world to curl their toes up but it surprised me that I didn't.

I just said what was naturally in my heart.

"Thank you for waiting, it's fine now, I'll be with you forever"

Forever, what a word.

Fine, just this once, I'll back down and crush my pride. I'm the one who left so I should be the one to seek out for you.

"Just this once you shameless rogue" I whispered underneath my breath before diving in for his lips.

He didn't hold back and kissed me, but not before saying.

"I don't mind waiting and...I love you too"

Notes:

Black face, When you feel anger or hatred, the Chinese term for this is "black face". The English equivalent would be "black mood", which describes the emotion more directly.
Didn't know whether to laugh or cry, to be in an awkward situation; something both funny and embarrassing.
• In Chinese, it is a common practice to double-up one of the syllables in a person's given name and use that to address a person as an affectionate nickname.
You're a --, your family's a --, I often read it on some Chinese novels, I think it's somewhat a curse, I'm not sure but it's always used when the person is angry.
Red packet, guests who attend the wedding dinner usually bring a red packet of money with them to be presented to the couple.

***
Hi people! Do you think it's a bit fast for them to be this way? Well we will see then. I just love the fact that Ming Chen didn't really change, he's still a pain in the ass in Feng Mian's mind, a cheeky one but she still lives him eh!

Anyways, I hope you all like this chapter! Thanks for the reads and votes people!

Stay safe and healthy as always!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!