Chapter 17

| Giving her a heads up before he dies out of fear |

It's currently Monday and everything around me seems to brighten up, even my mood was too high for my students to catch up.

I think it's the effect every maiden would get when they have someone they have that special someone, that someone whose dear in your heart.

I just got out of my third class when the bell rang, it's already lunch, I didn't even notice the time.

Soon, I found myself seating with a bunch of teacher's, Ping Ling sat beside me as she went on about her wedding ceremony that's about to happen in just two months.

Their parents would be the one deciding and they'll just pinch some ideas here and there. Susu, I mean Teacher Jiang doesn't give an opinion, he just stated to everyone to not call him as Susu (that's what I heard from Ping Ling's ramble everytime she talks about her wedding ceremony)

"Feng jie, aren't you a bit too enthusiastic today? What's going on, did you and Peizhi had a other date?" Ping Ling teased on the side as several of my colleagues laughed.

They knew that I went to a blind date, of course how couldn't they when Ping Ling was over the moon when I agreed. Everyone practically knew, even the principal.

Oh gosh, I really don't want to say this but I have to.

"Yeah, how was it? Did you two already became a couple?"

"How is he? I heard he's handsome" said with a giggle.

"When's the wedding?" Another teased and soon, I was just too dizzy to say anything.

I took a deep breath and calm my nerves before announcing.

"We're not dating"

Great, now I have everyone's attention on me. I could even see some students perking their ears up, these kids, but it's also a good thing.

It's better for everyone to know that I'm not dating Peizhi or any man that one of my colleagues would mention about, it's better this way.

"We decided to become friends since there's no attraction whatsoever happened" I took Ping Ling's hands under the table and squeezed it before giving her a slight smile.

She looks a bit shocked, well I don't blame her. I mean she went all the way just to get me a boyfriend, a well mannered and kind man.

So after that announcement, everyone went on their lunch and just made causal talk. It wasn't all awkward since it happens all the time. People do blind dates and if they aren't on par with each other, they will stop and find a new one.

"Ping Ling"

We were back at the office and since there's just the two of us, I decided to talk about my failed blind date.

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry Feng Jie! Do you have a boyfriend! Is he bad to you did he do anything wrong to-" she panicked and I would seriously laugh at her if I weren't this guilty.

"No, no, he's perfectly good to me it's just...I'm not ready...well not really. I'm...I already have someone I like"

She stopped and blinked multiple times before shrieking and jumping on me.

"You have someone you like?! Who?!"

"My brother"

A sweet and tender voice of a young girl said as she looked at the two of us with an innocent smile on her face.

"Hao Shu Jian!"

...

He pinched a cigarette on his hand but he didn't out it in his mouth. He can't do this again, he needs to stop or else Feng Mian would be furious.

But he only does this when he's stressed and now he is.

Because he's about to be shipped to a remote place for a new film. He forgot that he's still working and that he auditioned for the main character, a character that he think was perfect for him.

But now, he kinda regrets it since his time with Feng Mian would decrease. He shouldn't have agreed to it that easily but who can tell him that he's about to meet the woman he loves just a month later?

Now he can only wallows in regret as he scan the script. Then he zooms in to a particular scene, goodness gracious, all the deities above the sky, why?

He seriously needs to eat bear heart and leopard gall just to say this to Feng Mian.

There's a love scene and no, it's not just the usual dog blood limes that he's so used to saying, it's a bed scene that needs some ambiguous touches.

He really regrets it, this is true regret, ah.

He's dead.

"Shi fu! Good evening, I'm sorry for disturbing you but I just want you to know that I deeply respect your works and wish to be like you!"

He looked up to see a young guy with a pair of peach blossom eyes looking at him with wide eye reverence. His voice was filled with enthusiasm and glee, oh, he's one of his fans.

"Thank you" he replied with a smile as he continued to watch the cigarette burn.

"Shi fu? Are...do you feel troubled about something? Maybe I can help!"

Geez, this guy is really too eager to hug someone's thigh eh? He looked at him with his hawk like eyes but he didn't flinch.

Hm, his acting skills must be in par with him, he could be nurtured by Lingjie. But he's still young, even though he tries to act like he's unaffected and acts casually, he's too stiff.

"Go to Lingjie, tell her that I approve of your talent and want you to go to our company"

He broke a grin and immediately, his body released its tension and sat down beside me.

"So...what troubles you?"

Heh, this kid is really persistent eh?

"Ai, my girlfriend is filled with vinegar and I'm about to film a...scene" he nodded in response and I continued. "So...should I tell her or not?"

He seem to ponder for a minute and opened his lips saying.

"Tell her Shi Fu or else Shi mu would definitely kill you if you don't, at least you can still be salvaged"

Notes:

To eat bear heart and leopard gall, means to pluck some courage, have the courage
Shī fu, is a title for and role of a skillful person or a master.
Hugging someone's thigh, means clinging/depend on others.
Shīmǔ, or "master-mother" is used to address a male teacher's wife.

***
Hi people! How are you today?! Ah! The rain didn't rain for too long, so sad. Anyways, how's your day been going?

Stay safe and healthy as always!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!