Chapter 19

| He will always come back to her side, always |

He looks so serious and it's making me worry. He, who never take life so seriously, wants to have a serious talk to me.

What happened? Is he regretting his decision to be with me? Does he feel like it's too much and is a waste of effort? Am I acting too difficult or am I just-

He must have notice the look on my face and held my hand tightly in his palms before saying.

"It's not what you're thinking, I'm just...it's about my job"

This- how can he make me worry so much! It's just his job and not about our relationship! I though he's breaking up with me, even though we still haven't move on to that level!

"What is it? You're making me feel anxious I'm about to die in here!"

He chuckled and hugged me, his embrace was warm against my cold one and I could feel myself getting a bit sleepy. I pinched his waist while he laugh, his whole frame shook. I glared at him and bit his arm before he stop laughing and glance at me with hooded eyes.

"Wei! I'm still waiting for your response!" I hissed at him since my brother is still asleep.

He's sleeping this early, it's early for him, since he needs to wake up for a project that their company is about to embark on. My parents are out for a date and will probably be here tomorrow morning.

"Fine, it's just...my work schedule is for six months... I- I'm sorry I didn't think I'll meet you again and-"

"It's okay, it's your job. I'm also a bit guilty since I can't always accompany you"

We're not teenagers anymore, we're already adults who know that life doesn't always revolve on grades and love. Couples would always have some setbacks and since we both have a very demanding job, we can't always think that we'll always be together acting lovey dovey.

Life isn't that easy as books portrayed it to be, but it wasn't far fetched from it.

I was about to get up to fetch him a warm cup of water when he weaved his hands in my waist and hugged me.

"Hm, is bao bei acting up again?" I quietly laugh at his fake shivers and hit his hands that we're placed on my waist. "I'll get you some warm water, wait for me here"

He pouted his lips and sulk on the corner of the couch while I silently shook my head from his childish tantrum. Not long after, I arrive with a warm cup of water on my hand and gave it to him, he muttered a quiet thank while I look at him.

Even though there's dark circles underneath his eyes, he still look so handsome. His face were more angular and much more mature compared to before though the playfulness in his eyes never changed.

He's devilishly handsome and everyone would purposely sin just to see him.

"Is my dearest Gongzhu satisfied at this handsome, sexy and stunning face of mine?"

"Yes, this Gongzhu is satisfied with our family's Goudan face"

His face instantly crumpled like a paper when I called him Goudan while I snickered at his blackened expression.

"So...what else is it that you're not telling me?"

His adam apple rolled and he avoid looking at me. This Goudan, how dare he lie to this Gongzhu?! Wait- I'm acting too much!

"Hm?"

"Um...I may have a... particular scene in the movie where...we are...close"