Chapter 37

| Accepting ourselves as whole |

I left the film location and Ming Chen was given the afternoon off to send me home. It was funny to see him acting so cute at the director as he whine about the dangers of letting me go he alone in this time.

It's amazing to see him transform too, when he's with me, he's like a shameless vulgar man and when he's on film, he looks so astounding as he gets into his role.

The moment he step on his element, he becomes a top tier actor that I have never seen before. He just looks so phenomenal in his element!

"You really don't have to take the day off, I can manage-"

"You can manage but I cannot" I smiled at his sweet honeyed words and walk beside him.

I hear someone coughing and blushed in shame, I forgot that we still have someone with us. There's two guys and two women with us, walking towards the garage to avoid any rumors flying around again.

I can only smile to try to dispel the awkwardness but of course, Ming Chen on the other hand smirked and even secretly hold my pinky finger with his own. I wanted to stamp my foot on his foot but didn't do it, were still surrounded with people and it's not good for them to see us this brutal.

"What?" Ming Chen arrogantly questioned them as the crowd of four immediately appeased him with praised words.

"Ah! A couple that is truly match made in heaven!"

"A talented scholar and a beautiful lady, truly perfect for each other!"

I wanted to bury my whole being to the ground and fly out of this place! Argh! What are they thinking, saying those shameless words, their too much!

After that, we had finally arrived on our destination and one has even came up to the car. Wow, it seems like being a film crew made them achieved a skill of acting.

Soon, we were driving and the other person got down and bow to us which we returned. He ran so fast I couldn't keep up with his shadow. I look towards Ming Chen who was driving and was lost in contemplation.

We've been together for three months and he has introduced me to his crew and colleagues. Even his company know about me and his sister but not my parents and his.

I may not want to be known in the public yet but it does not mean that even our parents can't know about us. It's just inappropriate to make our relationship linger without our parents knowledge of it.

So I've decided, I'll ask for him to meet my parents and have dinner with us, today.

"What?" He asks, his eyes on the road.

"Um... actually...why..."

"Hm?" He waited, I can see his brows furrowing in thought while I remain tongue tied.

"Well..."

"Well?" His brows now fully furrowed as he waited, I took a deep breath and continued.

"Do you want to have dinner with us today?" My words were soft and a hint of anticipation was laced with my tone.

Then I accidentally bumped into his car and hissed in pain. He suddenly breaks without telling me and now I'm probably suffering from a bump! Fortunately we were out of the lane?

"Why did you- Ming Chen, did...did you hit something? Why do you look pale, hey, look at me" I ignore the slight pain in my forehead and jumped to his side.

He was pale and have this daze look in his eyes which further heighten my fear. So I opened the car and was about to look outside when he gripped my arm, forcing me back inside.

"What? I'm just looking if we-"

"No"

"No? What do you mean no?" I was confused, perplexed at his words.

I pondered over it a hundred times but he still didn't respond so I decided to take my hand off but he still wouldn't budge making me feel so frustrated.

"Ming Chen! Take your hands off-"

"I can't-

"Yes you can!" I argue and continued his words.

"-meet your parents without gifts and looking like this! I can't do that!" He insisted while his face paled even more. "You should have told me, god, I should have ask you first! Dang it! I'm such a coward!" He hissed underneath his breath.

So.... were not going to jail, right?

I sat there agape at his words, I'm confused yet I can totally relate to his feelings. Maybe I took this too far, I mean he wasn't ready considering the look in his face.

"We can back out. I mean I didn't told them-"

"I can't, you asked me and I cannot refuse you" he said softly as he held my two hands and enveloped them with his two large palm.

His eyes were looking at me gently as I stared at his two pools. He softly caressed my hands and drew circles on them, calming me as he continued.

"For you to ask this.... it means you want our relationship to be known to our families" I nodded at him as he kissed my fingertips.

"Ming Chen.... but you were scared...terrified even" I giggled lightly earning a nip from him on my fingertips.

"It's because I didn't prepare anything and I don't want to go to your home without any preparation. I want you and only you, I want the best for you and since you accepted me and my past, I want to accept all of you too"

I wanted to cry, no, I'm already crying. Droplets of tears fell from my eyes as he gently wiped them with his fingers.

"Thank you" I whispered and now that he released my hands. I hug him with all my might, hands on his neck as I peppered him with butterfly kisses.

"Thank you too Feng-er, now, should we go to the nearest mall to buy gifts for my in-laws?"

I laughed at his shamelessness words, but for now, it didn't annoy me when he think so far from the future.

Because it's what I was thinking of too.

Let's just keep it a secret, hm?

Notes:

•  A match made in heaven, from the Book of Songs (《诗经》), written over 2,500 years ago, this expression is used to wish a happy marriage to newlyweds. Yours is a happy marriage predestined by God.
•  Talented scholars and beautiful ladies, first used by Tang ) poet Li Shangyin, this idiom was used to suggest the characteristics of ideal couples: talented men and good-looking women.
•  Pondered over it a hundred times, to remain perplexed despite much thought.

***
Hi people! Well, let's see how Ming Chen will fare on Feng Mian's house. Oh~ I smell a bit if trouble, kekeke.

Anyway, I hope you have a great day and stay safe as always!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!

PS. Wattpad, don't you dare mess up again!