Chapter 54

| Hearing a hundred times is not as good as seeing once |

As expected, once the word spread from the mouths of a crowd, it travels like a wild fire until it reaches the ears of the mass.

It didn't help that my man is a very famous person and is now trending due to another rumor of his.

Two benefits from one action as they say, I think we had benefited from this rumor. First, Ming Chen was able to deflect the baseless rumor against him and second, he was able to introduce me to the media.

It was an absolute madness the moment I reached my home and the fire didn't dwindle until I was forced to accept that this situation is real, very real and it is spreading a lot.

Like a lot, lot.

My phone has been ringing since then and I was forced to shut it down. Even my laptop has been flooded with news of our relationship and even the people I knew were asking for confirmation, others were sending me their congratulations

Ming Chen on the other hand didn't issue an explanation but simply posted a picture of us holding hands and a caption:

Guilin might be the best scenery in all but in my eyes, she's the view I'm sure I won't get tired of.

I admit, that was pretty sweet of him but I still didn't let him off the hook after his heartwarming and adorable post.

The post immediately skyrocketed and it was once again trending in all media platforms. The rumor about him and Li Feifei was shot down and no one mentioned it again.

The comments were also more positive than what I thought. I mean I just snatched a very fine specimen and is expecting a lot of people scolding me for it and not giving us congratulations and blessings.

A lot of celebrities and even my idol had shared Ming Chen's post and ever since that, everyone has been grieving in social media about another make celebrity greeting the year with a happy news.

Just remembering his sudden proposal makes my whole body buzzed in energy, it's as if I was bitten by a lot of ants and at the same time my heart brimmed with happiness.

He was serious that day, I can recollect the memory so easily from my mind and I am sure that he wasn't joking.

"Ah! Ming Chen you shameless, big brained rogue!" I screamed on my pillow and slumped on my bed, exhausted and exhilarated at the same time.

It was quiet for a moment and then someone knocks on my door, I forced myself to get up and open the door. It was mom, she looks a bit exhausted and I can catch the worried glance she cast on me.

"Mom, I'm fine" I smiled lightly, I'm not truly fine at this, seriously.

Who would be? I mean I'm glad that I won't need to be hidden from everyone but then everyone would know me. Strangers would flock on my side, asking questions that are either too personal or too hard for me to answer, staring at me and whispering words that I would not know.

So yes, I'm not really fine, but I know I will be.

"I have already decided to share our relationship to everyone yesterday and... I just didn't think that it'll be this... fast" I whispered the last part and caught my mother's smile.

I blinked at her confusedly, her smile was a bit different, hovering between happiness and reluctance.

"My Feng Feng is already a woman" she said with a remorseful tone.

I caught the look of regret in her eyes and didn't think enough of how my actions seemed a bit childlike and encased her with a hug while coddling against her embrace.

"Mom~ I'm still your little Feng" I acted cutesy in front of her and that is something that I had never done to my mother, ever.

"I know.... it's just... I've lost a lot of time with you and I- I still feel that I haven't done enough-"

"You already had mom, you expressed your feelings for me more, you gave me attention and care. You're already doing the best you can and it's enough for me. Don't argue with me in this mother, you're the best Mom for me" I hugged her as I finally fell at ease with my mother.

Sometimes, we would experience a hurdle in front of us, it's up to us whether we should run away from it or face it.

With that, I think I'm gonna face the onslaught of people, of course with Ming Chen on my side.

"Ming Chen?"

The call connected as soon as I called.

"Did something happen?" I can hear the worry in his voice and smiled at his obvious fretting.

"I'm fine I'm just.... just want to hear your voice" I said lowly, eyes blinking from the unusual show of affection coming from me.

"Oh, is that so? Then, would Feng-er like for me to come in your side? I mean I can-"

"Would you?"

The call seems as if it ended but I can hear the slight hitch of his breath then heard him sigh and said with a repressed tone.

"I would... and when I come there... prepare yourself"

With that, I finished the call with a frenzied mind and a silly smile.

Notes:

Hearing a hundred times is not as good as seeing once (the title of the chapter) means delighted to meet you in person at last. Seeing at first hand gives valuable information. The story is of a Han dynasty veteran general Zhao Chongguo who went to see the situation for himself at the frontier rather than relying on secondhand reports. His wise analysis quickly solved the problem with the incursions of northern tribes.
Two benefits from one action, this is the Chinese version of "to kill two birds with one ston (Yīshíèrniǎo. 'one stone two birds'), possibly of Ovid.
Guilin's scenery's best on earth, it was written by Song Dynasty governor of Guilin, Wang Zhenggong (1133–1203) as part of a poem in 1201, and has been so often quoted in Chinese culture that Guilin has become the image of scenic beauty in China.

***
Hello my fellow people! How are you in this day? Oh- I'm very happy right now because it's raining! Yippee! Also, there's a two day celebration here in our small neighborhood since there's three people- one of them have the same birthday! So it means more food! Yehey!

Happy birthday Keisha and Justine!!! Have a happy day today!

Anyways, I hope you are all doing well today! Stay safe and healthy as always okay?!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!