Chapter 34

| Throwing oneself to the net,
sadly |

The moment I left the school grounds with Shu Jian in tow, there was a familiar woman who's waving at us vigorously. I can't help but to squint my eyes and when my vision did clear, I saw that it was Linjie.

Did Ming Chen told Linjie to come here? Is he out of his mind? Even if I'm not that well informed when it comes to the entertainment world, one thing I knew for sure is that the fan base of each celebrity is either filled with fools or smart ass people.

It just takes one click from Baidu and every information about your life is open for the world to see, just one click.

Just seeing a celebrity's manager come up to you and even drove you to it's artists place, one things for sure, that celebrity would definitely be bombarded with rumors.

It didn't take long for me to reach Linjie and was greatly relieved that there's not much students around. No one should notice, right?

Well, let's just hope for the best.

Meanwhile, Shu Jian was restless in her seat with a mirror on her hand. I couldn't even help but remove my gaze from my phone to look at her agitated state.

"What's wrong?"

"I haven't had the time to make myself presentable!" She said with a pout making me cringe real hard.

Goodness, if she isn't presentable in that state- then how about me?! I haven't even took a look on my face and my makeup has probably left my face from the duration of time.

"You're very pretty Shu Jian, no need to worry about your face" Linjie comfortingly said to Shu Jian.

"Linjie, I already know that fact. What I'm worrying about is that I didn't have the time to do my hair and makeup as well as my dress!" She complained, her small face contained the look of a maiden whose heart got broken.

"Shu Jian, you're pretty enough, I mean I haven't seen an artist that can match your aesthetic" Linjie said and I nodded silently. She's saying the truth, artist from today applied too much make-up on their face that it's almost unrecognizable.

"I totally understand, I can't go to any events looking like this or I'll snatch those artists job! Even so, I can't go to the crew bare face! There's a lot of women there, though their face went under the knife, but still!"

Linjie choked on her seat while I remain expressionless. Her words aren't affecting me so much that I had to cough up blood but it still makes me feel the second embarrassment.

"You're so young yet your mouth is already poisonous! Such a pity" Linjie commented while she continued to drive.

Shu Jian responded with a shrug before she continued her previous examination on her face. I can only shake my head from their conversation, truly, Ming Chen's sister would not be this sweet.

...

Soon, we arrived to Film and TV city, fortunately there's not much people around since it's already one in the morning. People still need to sleep as well as reporters.

It was too sudden when a call to Linjie rang and she was informed to let Shu Jian home since there's a bit of a problem on the site.

This is situation is truly befitting to the idiom, man proposes, heaven dispose. Even the heavens didn't permit for us to meet that easily.

It turns out that it rain and some equipments got wet so they got delayed. Ming Chen asked me to return home but I refused, I have a free day tomorrow since our principal is going to be on a meeting with several school directors and our school got chosen to be the venue for it.

Liniie left an hour ago and is still ordering food for the staff. She didn't want me to go and soon, I was left alone here inside of the car.

It's been seven hours and Ming Chen still isn't finished. The crew were busy and I could see some staff eating while their still standing. I didn't want the spotlight on me so I decided to stay inside the car and waited for him.

Soon, I was about to be asleep when a sudden knock woke me up. I was still a bit dizzy from sleep and wasn't able to make out the strangers face when I was held by a familiar hand.

"You're cold" he said and I was soon wide awake.

I hummed lightly as he took his jacket off and placed it on me before turning the heater on. He closed the door and sat beside me, his hands warming my cold ones as he leaned back.

"Tired?" I implored lightly and his eyelids twitch before his right eye peeked at me.

"Will Feng-er kiss me so I can gather enough energy to film?"

I know he was teasing me yet I can't help but to take it seriously. His eyes were tired but he still did his job and even run here just to see me.

So I pecked his cheeks and for a moment, his hands snaked to my waist. Before I know it, I was already straddling him as he kissed me passionately.

His lips were warm and a hint of ginger made our kiss a bit more heated. His hands weren't idle and snake towards my back as he caressed my bare back gently. I couldn't help but shudder and leaned back but he stuck his lips on the column of my neck making me shiver in delight.

Knock!

It's as if my seat was molten lava, I jumped away so quick and arranged my clothes and hair as if no one would ever think that something happened in here.

"Ming Chen! We've been looking for you for a while where have you- Mian Mian, why is your face red? Do you have a fever?!" Linjie worriedly glance at me before putting her palm on my forehead.

"I- cough- I'm fine Linjie" I said, my lips smiling stiffly as I step on Ming Chen's foot so hard.

"Well then, let's get you home now, we wouldn't want your parents to worry about you, right Ming Chen?"

"Yes, we don't want that" he coughed and I sense the underlying playful tone on his words and glared at him.

"It's just a shame that you weren't able to meet the crew" Linjie said as she called for An Bolin and hang up. "He's going to be on the hotel" she simply said before starting the ignition.

"Now, let's get you home-"

Whoosh!

The rain got so heavy we couldn't even see the road and Linjie turned towards us. Her face were dark and her lips pursed.

"Well, how about going to the hotel? Let your parents know first" Ming Chen said which I immediately did.

I don't think they'll see my message today, I'll just go home as if nothing happened, well nothing really did.

Soon, we got to the hotel reception and was informed that there's only two rooms,  worst, the other one is just a small bed that wouldn't even fit two people. Linjie continued to ask the hotel reception for any more rooms but it was to no avail, nothing that could be done anymore.

"Well, well, well, what to do?" Ming Chen said in false frustration as he grinned behind me.

Truly, I'm already feeling an impending danger just by looking at his face. As soon as we got to the elevator, my gut tighten and the moment I step on the room, a bang was heard and the door was locked. I could faintly hear Linjie screaming from behind but Ming Chen was steadily walking towards me.

In that moment, ai, I felt like I just throw myself to the net.

Notes:

Baidu, chinese version of google.
Man proposes, heaven disposes, meaning even the best-laid plans can go awry.
Throw oneself into the net, to willingly walk into a trap.

***
Argh! School officialy starts now and I'm not really ready for it. I'm not huhuhuhu~ Anyways, just gotta suck it up, I can't cry due to this, many kids wanted to learn but doesn't have the money or resources to do it so yes, can't act this whiny.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! Stay safe as always okay?!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!